Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will you name your Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We went with Lucid Nonsense from the Culture series.

Others on our short list:
A Ship With A View
Wisdom Like Silence
Attitude Adjuster
Kiss This Then

A full list for anyone so inclined: List of spacecraft in the Culture series

Nice! My 3 is named So Much for Subtlety, my wife's Y is Unwitting Accomplice.

My short list included Prime Mover. Hers included Charming but Irrational, Problem Child, Little Rascal.

• Love
Reactions: krails
Bubbles

Attachments

• Bubbles.png
    Bubbles.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: RNHurt
The story of our (future) Model Y's name:

My wife and I used to ride motorcycles, but since I hurt my back and will likely have a permanent sensitivity, we decided to retire the idea of motorcycle-riding.
We've have 3 bikes during our marriage.
1. Honda Shadow Aero 750 named "Avril" Our oldest daughter was a fan of Avril Lavigne 10-ish years ago (when we started riding) and she got to pick the name.
2. Honda Goldwing 1800 named "Georgia" She was named after the location of our first real vacation (without kids). We took this bike and went to Atlanta, GA for Dragon*Con. She and I are big-time geeks and Trekkies... although she prefers the term Trekkers.. but that's another post for another forum category.
3. Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500 named "T'Pol" Since the bike is a Vulcan, and T'Pol is a Star Trek Vulcan, and we were binge-watching Star Trek: Enterprise when we got her, the name seemed like a no-brainer.

It was a year into owning T'Pol when I got hurt. We sold her a few months back and never considered naming another vehicle, but we did plan to name the next bike after another one of our favorite Star Trek characters...

When I discovered that NAMING your Tesla was a part of ownership, I knew we'd use the name we planned before!

So, our Model Y will be named "Lily Sloane." Lily (Star Trek: First Contact) is the 21st Century engineer who helped Zefram Cochrane build humanity's first warp ship. She was the unlikely hero of Earth who basically convinced Capt. Picard to pull his head out of his ass to save humanity and let go of his ego and need for vengeance. If Lily wasn't brought to the Enterprise, Earth would be all Borg.

She saved the world... like all our battery-powered cars are doing little by little.

Also, my wife and I are actors and we've performed the dramatic Lily/Picard scene for mini plays and acting classes.

If you're interested, about the character, Lily Sloane: Lily Sloane

Reactions: Cyclone