Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BTW big changes in 2024 Model Y vs 2023 earlier Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very happy with the 23 model... B U T if in 2025 they release a Ludacris mode YP with over 600 HP I might be able to adapt to a stalkless turn signal
Ha. I’m waiting for the M3P to see where the specs will land. Tested the M3 highland…gotta say not a fan of stalkless. Inefficient and 2 handed vs one handed flick of a gear stalk with same hand that holds the wheel.

I guess my issue of replacing the MYP is that I feel like I got the one vin that came of the line pretty much perfect. Why tempt fate?? lol Also i need my USS and camera.

I have the updated chip they started with in 2022 and double pane glass …so not really wanting for much :)

Reactions: 455dan
when I recently spoke to a Tesla advisor he said that for 2024 the model y has better sound insulation due to double paned windows around and that the ride was smoother with the new suspension. He said when he drove the model 3 highland and the model y 2024 he couldn't tell much of a difference. Anybody with the same experience?

My new 2024 Model Y was built on February 27, 2024. I took delivery March 15th. Austin built. Driving home I could hear a loud rattle from the rear hatch area. VERY disappointing. I'm now on my second service center visit this week. Service center isn't much help. They've ordered a new rear driver's seat back thinking that will help. I doubt it...will know this week. It's a metallic rattle that can be heard on rough neighborhood streets traveling at 45 mph or so. Very disappointing.

• Informative
Reactions: Noflash
when I recently spoke to a Tesla advisor he said that for 2024 the model y has better sound insulation due to double paned windows around and that the ride was smoother with the new suspension. He said when he drove the model 3 highland and the model y 2024 he couldn't tell much of a difference. Anybody with the same experience?
Not really true. I just took delivery of my MYP, Fremont build 3/2024, and it's only got double paned at the front windows not the rear like those in Europe and China. Also while waiting for the SC to prep my car, I test drove the highland, and I have to say it was much quieter, less road noise, less outside noise. Suspension I think are about the same with both. So only the noise improvement I noticed with the M3 highland.

Looking to retrofit my MYP with double paned glass on the rear, does anyone know where to get the glass from Giga Berlin/Shanghai?

Reactions: Destiny1701
The second row seat back assembly didn't fix my rattle. I ended up taking it back for a 3rd time to the Service Center. This time the techs found that the release cable for folding down the second row seat was contacting the seat frame when going over bumps. They added felt to the area. Wow. BINGO. That really quieted things down.
Is it possible to get a picture of the area where they added the felt? I too have a '24 Austin built MY with a rattle in the same area when going over bumps. Other than that, the car is perfect.

Reactions: olsookie
Uhh.. But the Y trunk is bigger than the S trunk
Fun Fact...our 2015 model S has a height from the trunk floor to the lowest point of the hatch opening of 28 inches, the same measurement in our model Y is 26 3/4 inches. The hatch floor is set much lower in the S than the raised floor of the Y. Kinda important measurement when trying to fit our folding bike inside. Something to remember when considering the model Y.

Fun Fact...our 2015 model S has a height from the trunk floor to the lowest point of the hatch opening of 28 inches, the same measurement in our model Y is 26 3/4 inches. The hatch floor is set much lower in the S than the raised floor of the Y. Kinda important measurement when trying to fit our folding bike inside. Something to remember when considering the model Y.
Seems like a specific use case.. when using the third row in both the S and the Y ... The Y has much more useable space since the S was rear facing

Also any soft luggage you can stack more in the Y