Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Would You Want From A Tesla-oriented Youtube Channel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I've recently decided to spin up a YouTube channel and want to focus one leg of it on Teslas, as I do really enjoy mine, albeit some of the issues I've had.

Currently it's just got detailing information, and how to apply a ceramic coating, but more will be coming in the near future.
(If you guys want the link to the channel, I'll happily provide it, just know it's in its infancy and my video editing skills are still quite sub-par)

What kind of things would you guys like to see, or would've liked to have some kind of information on when it comes to our cars? I know this group will be the hardest group on me, and I would absolutely love some feedback and be able to give back to an awesome community.

I agree with iRia. Too many channels as is.

Maybe take it off some sweet jumps and review how it handles at different heights? I don't watch any Tesla channels but I might if the cars were flying.

I'm sure we could find some way to create an electric propulsion engine to give it flight. If people can turn a Model 3 in to a truck, why can't we turn the Model S in to a plane? or more likely a boat, since it's already the size of one.

Honestly... there are so so many Tesla YouTube channels. I'm not sure if anything groundbreaking has not been covered.

What can you offer?

That's the down side to anything with YouTube or any type of social media nowadays, there's not much that can really be offered that's "new" or "groundbreaking".

I can't say that I have much new/anything new to offer, but I could help get information out there and create a focus for people that are interested. Right now, I've been focusing on detailing, as that expands beyond just us, but I know people here have worries about protecting their paint, or correcting it.

I haven't seen too terribly much for how to tear down a Tesla, which is something I'd be up for doing over time. Most of what I've seen on that frontier is just a very generalized tear down without much of what goes in to it.

Less talking, more doing please!

Too many annoying nerds on YouTube these days with Tesla channels.

I agree. Jumps, explosions, hardcore off-roading, illegal street racing, etc

Currently the way I have it set is around a 10 second intro saying what it the video will be, then it jumps right in to the actual activity with a voice over. I figure no one really wants to see my face and listen to me blather on for hours, so I try to make the intro short and sweet so it gets right to the content.

Yep, too many channels already out there but very few quality ones.

- as it was said before, balance out the talking and showing things/action
- ideally have a plan but not blindly read a pre-written script (huge turn-off for me)
- not too long/not too short
- variety is your friend

Good luck!

Just make your channel and if it's good people will come. Trust me ;)

And be genuine! No bs

That's my plan, I try to put my best in to everything that I do. I know that my content right now isn't awesome or great, but it's the start of something and an opportunity for me to learn more about the video and editing side of things. As I learn more the content will become notably better and cleaner.

I have to say I didn't realize just how much work goes in to editing even a short 15 minute video, and that's without any fancy transitions or animations.

Reactions: DirtyT3sla