Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's a good snow tire pressure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks! I put Michelin X-Ice 255/45R19 on my 2022 Model S LR for winters here in New England and pressure is set to 46 all around. Car rides as if it's always windy and I'm wondering if the pressure is too high. Already checked that tire rotation is correct on all corners so that's not it. Should I just be living with the degraded handling as a trade off for snows?

The door jam on my S says set it to 45, don't think it matters if they are summer, all season or winter tires. Some people set them to like 42 as the pressure will go up as the tires roll and heat up, but the door jam pressure is usually set for a Cold inflation pressure. It may vary if you change the size of the stock wheels.

Reactions: Steve.S
Hi folks! I put Michelin X-Ice 255/45R19 on my 2022 Model S LR for winters here in New England and pressure is set to 46 all around. Car rides as if it's always windy and I'm wondering if the pressure is too high. Already checked that tire rotation is correct on all corners so that's not it. Should I just be living with the degraded handling as a trade off for snows?
I've not done this combination yet but in the past on other vehicles over the years I've generally found snow tires to feel a bit like you're driving on tall, soft wobbly tread. Which I think is kinda what it is. But I usually get used to it pretty quickly.