Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's my 2014 P85 worth? 84k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
early 2014 p85 w/84k miles. Has warranty and service plan to 100k. Have 21 staggered and 19" wheels for the car.

Wanting to buy something newer and only reason I'm thinking about selling it.

Thoughts on what I should ask?

Also has black center caps now. Pic was when I put them on and didn't have them yet. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_6965.JPG
    IMG_6965.JPG
    371 KB · Views: 79
I was thinking 48-52k personally. The warranty adds good value and I've seen a few p85's with 60-70k miles go for mid 50s the last month with no warranties on eBay and local dealers in Chicago.

You won't get that price. Best thing to do though is to just list it for what you think it's worth and see if you get any interest or offers. If not, you know you're too high. Just remember, you can always come down on price, but never up.

But, with 84k miles, you simply aren't going to get a penny more than $42k. Bank on it.

Petecn has been trying to sell his p85 with 50 something k miles on it for mid 40s but no one is taking it. He said that he got a 41k trade-in offer and will trade it in if no one is willing to buy at around 45k.

Tesla resale value is really mileage sensitive... I think his $45k is a really good deal, and am really surprised why no one has bought it despite many pages of replies...

I think given that, you would be looking at significantly lower than that... Honestly I wouldn't buy a Model S with that many miles (I am not in the market, but just a general commentary, I wouldn't buy a BMW 7 series with that many miles either)... repairs will just be too expensive after 100k warranty expires...

These kinds of large performance cars are SUPER mileage sensitive in general... a low mileage (say <30k miles) great condition 14 M5 may go for 60k while one with twice the amount of miles will go in the low 40's...

I recently sold my 2013 P85 with 85k miles on it. At time of purchase (3/13) it had every option minus the rear facing seats and the dual chargers. I also had the extended warranty giving the new owner 15k miles of warranty time left. The car was in amazing condition inside and out.

I looked all around at what these cars were selling for, Tesla was not offering much (something in the 32k ballpark) and Carmax offered 34k. Based on all the prices I'd seen (which seemed to be all over the place to be honest) I decided 45k was what I wanted to get for it and I listed it on AutoTrader. I had numerous inquiries and it was sold about 1 week later for my asking price. I felt I could've gotten a bit more for it had I taken some more time, but also felt 45k was a fair price and I didn't have a whole lot of time with my new P100D waiting for me :)

Hope this helps!

Reactions: NickV and JPUConn