Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's My Exact CPO Warranty Expiration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hola Tesla Community,

I'm brand new to this Tesla thing. I just bought a CPO 2015 S 70D. I flew to Houston from NW FL and drove it back last week. I love the car. Other than a couple minor issues (passenger window doesn't roll up consistently and sunroof jitters and squeals like a pig when opening) everything else is superb.

My question is where can I find out my exact expiration for my CPO warranty? My car included the 4-year 50,000 CPO warranty, so I can calculate the time and miles that it will expire, but I was assuming I would get either paperwork or the ability to view it in my Tesla account. The Houston dealership said I could view it in my account, but I didn't have them show me where. I've talked to a couple of Tesla customer service reps, but no luck.

Thanks!

Hola Tesla Community,

I'm brand new to this Tesla thing. I just bought a CPO 2015 S 70D. I flew to Houston from NW FL and drove it back last week. I love the car. Other than a couple minor issues (passenger window doesn't roll up consistently and sunroof jitters and squeals like a pig when opening) everything else is superb.

My question is where can I find out my exact expiration for my CPO warranty? My car included the 4-year 50,000 CPO warranty, so I can calculate the time and miles that it will expire, but I was assuming I would get either paperwork or the ability to view it in my Tesla account. The Houston dealership said I could view it in my account, but I didn't have them show me where. I've talked to a couple of Tesla customer service reps, but no luck.

Thanks!
I don't believe you have ability to see this information in your online Tesla account as it stands today. Save your Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement and the online specs of the car which you saw (too late if you didn't) while ordering on Tesla website. I think you should be good with the purchasing agreement alone which is uploaded in your Tesla account "My Documents" section. Warranty date calculation is straightforward as you said, purchase date + 4 years.

I am sure Tesla has these warranty records somewhere stored in their systems to validate the service eligibility. However, this is not exposed to the customers, at least yet.

I don't believe you have ability to see this information in your online Tesla account as it stands today. Save your Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement and the online specs of the car which you saw (too late if you didn't) while ordering on Tesla website. I think you should be good with the purchasing agreement alone which is uploaded in your Tesla account "My Documents" section. Warranty date calculation is straightforward as you said, purchase date + 4 years.

I am sure Tesla has these warranty records somewhere stored in their systems to validate the service eligibility. However, this is not exposed to the customers, at least yet.
Thanks. I saved everything from the purchase, but it still seems archaic that customers don't have access to the actual warranty information on their vehicles. The customer service reps couldn't even pull it up when I asked, which is even more bizarre. Oh well, bigger fish to fry...

All my CPO information is available in my Tesla account including details of the Warranty and copies of the sales agreement. It may take a some time before your documents get uploaded but they are definitely there and available in a short period of time.

I emailed my sales rep I was working with after taking delivery and he emailed it to me the next day and uploaded it into my Tesla account. I'd reach out to anyone you were working with and ask for it.

I emailed my sales rep I was working with after taking delivery and he emailed it to me the next day and uploaded it into my Tesla account. I'd reach out to anyone you were working with and ask for it.
I reached out to my sales rep, delivery advisor, and the general service number. Nobody has been able to give me anything in writing that shows when my warranty expires. In the grand scheme of things, I'm not worried about denial of warranty work, but it just irks me. My guess is a competent sales advisor can easily get me the information. Do you mind PM'ing me your sales advisor's contact info?

If you buy a car at say, 35,000 miles and it comes with ther 4yr 50k warranty, is it valid until
a) March 2023 / 85,000miles
b) March 2023 / 100,000 miles?
It's 85,000. From the CPO guide: "an incremental period of 4 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 km) from the first day and at the mileage a Pre-Owned Vehicle is delivered to the first Pre-Owned purchaser, whichever comes first, irrespective of the expiration date or mileage of the Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty specified in the original New Vehicle Limited Warranty for the Pre-Owned vehicle."

See: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model-s-preowned-warranty.pdf

It's 85,000. From the CPO guide: "an incremental period of 4 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 km) from the first day and at the mileage a Pre-Owned Vehicle is delivered to the first Pre-Owned purchaser, whichever comes first, irrespective of the expiration date or mileage of the Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty specified in the original New Vehicle Limited Warranty for the Pre-Owned vehicle."

Today I am told by Tesla service for my CPO bought under 2 years ago with 85K miles on it that warranty expires at when car is at 100k miles. In almost two years I put less that 20k miles and warranty is expire.

Tesla Service told me today that CPO warranty expires at either when the car reaches 100k miles and not when you put 100k miles from the date of purchase. My car was at 85k at purchase and now after putting 15k miles on it, I have no warranty.

Thanks. I saved everything from the purchase, but it still seems archaic that customers don't have access to the actual warranty information on their vehicles. The customer service reps couldn't even pull it up when I asked, which is even more bizarre. Oh well, bigger fish to fry...
Tesla Service told me today that CPO warranty expires at either when the car reaches 100k miles and not when you put 100k miles from the date of purchase. My car was at 85k at purchase and now after putting 15k miles on it, I have no warranty.

What about an extended warranty that was purchased by the previous owner. How do I verify with the service advisor that the warranty exists on my car? Nobody at Tesla seems to know how to check. How the heck can that be?

In a private transaction, the previous owner needs to file a transfer to you. Otherwise, previous owner would get the pro-rated refund.

If you get your used car from Tesla, the previous owner would get the pro-rated refund so a used car from Tesla does not have an extended warranty.