Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's New - Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One click gets me to what's new and not sure the new way gets me there? It's only one bitten that I am used to? Why the real desire to change when likely not necessary? Please don't block me as I am very for real on this site!

One click gets me to what's new and not sure the new way gets me there? It's only one bitten that I am used to? Why the real desire to change when likely not necessary? Please don't block me as I am very for real on this site!
One click also will get you to where you want to go for the "What's New" section. As I explained it remembers the last feed/tab that you had selected. So all you need do is click on the What's New button.

"What's New" is the same exact thing as "New Posts", it just has additional feed options which we provided per the request of users. The desire to remove the "New Posts" link from the menu is for the sake of keeping things clean and not having what is essentially a redundant link.

The issue raised about the tabs taking up more space on mobile is legitimate, and I can look into if there's a way to make it more compact (maybe a dropdown), but it's also a minor issue.

Any chance on shrinking the TMC Tesla Motors Club banner at the top? It really serves no purpose other than taking up a lot of space, I think we all know where we are ;)
One thing I noticed recently (and it could be my phone or connection) is that the TMC logo on mobile loads quite slowly. The page has to wait for that to load, then takes me to the appropriate post. I don't know if the resolution was changed on that image or something else is going on..

One click also will get you to where you want to go for the "What's New" section. As I explained it remembers the last feed/tab that you had selected. So all you need do is click on the What's New button.

"What's New" is the same exact thing as "New Posts", it just has additional feed options which we provided per the request of users. The desire to remove the "New Posts" link from the menu is for the sake of keeping things clean and not having what is essentially a redundant link.

The issue raised about the tabs taking up more space on mobile is legitimate, and I can look into if there's a way to make it more compact (maybe a dropdown), but it's also a minor issue.

New posts is right at the top of my screen and what's new requires me to tap a drag down menu and then select. That is two clicks.

New posts is right at the top of my screen and what's new requires me to tap a drag down menu and then select. That is two clicks.
That is not correct. All you need to do is tap on the "What's New" link. Yes, you can also mouse over it (or open its accordion on mobile) in order to go to a specific What's New feed directly, however, as I have mentioned, in order to view the last feed you were viewing, you just literally click on "What's New". ONE CLICK.

That is not correct. All you need to do is tap on the "What's New" link. Yes, you can also mouse over it (or open its accordion on mobile) in order to go to a specific What's New feed directly, however, as I have mentioned, in order to view the last feed you were viewing, you just literally click on "What's New". ONE CLICK.

Sorry I am on my phone when I look at this site. The New Posts is a red box at top of my screen. I am only expressing my thoughts and can learn to get used to the new way to get the latest info so please proceed with making the site as you vision.

Sorry I am on my phone when I look at this site. The New Posts is a red box at top of my screen. I am only expressing my thoughts and can learn to get used to the new way to get the latest info so please proceed with making the site as you vision.
Sorry if my previous message seemed terse. I was just trying to be very clear about it so as to avoid confusion.

So in mobile, to get to either the "What's New" or "New Posts" link, one must tap on the menu button on the top left of the navbar, so that is technically two taps for either of them. Can you please specify what is this "red box at top of my screen"?

Youbare correct, I am just in New posts so often that it is one of the options I can push to refresh the screen. Apology as injust thought I was on the home screen.
Ok great. So in order to do the same on the "What's New" page, you would simply push the red button of the feed you are currently viewing, most likely "Unread Posts".

Reactions: Dax279