Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's next for Tesla? Help for MBA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As my luck would have it, I am getting my MBA and my professor asked us to develop a new product or service for one out of ten companies. Yes, Tesla is one of them.

I have several ideas of where I'm going with it, but I'm curious if anyone wants to throw some ideas on this thread! I have to develop a marketing plan to go along with it. It can be comprehensive and include both a product and service. Obviously Tesla could use some help in both departments!

Tesla doesn't advertise so it will be an interesting project!

Reactions: jkirkwood001
Marketing has been null from the beginning. Too much budget for not very effective impact. Social media presence seems to be the most efficient channel. So I wouldn't recommand you to dive into that.
From what you can read everywhere, and mostly Musk's comments, you should have a try to either electric planes or electric boats.
While the former is already being tested in some firms, I have yet to hear about the second. As long range effective solar electric boats.
Keep in mind that Musk has for objective to help us contribute to our planet saving but more importantly to propulse us in a new era of interplanetary species. I would brainsorm along these ideas for a new service/product derivative from Tesla.

my 2cts.

Reactions: toolman335
Subscription-based FSD as mentioned a lot on TMC. Also Vehicle-to-Grid power that can be tapped by Tesla to stabilize grid frequency and voltage during high demand and would operate similar to the Tesla battery in Australia (only distributed amongst many vehicle owners). Tesla and the vehicle owner would get a cut with no need to deploy Powerwalls.

A solar cell car cover to trickle charge your car ( thin film solar panels are flexible but you’d probably need a very soft inner lining to protect paint). I saw a video about the possibility of using solar glass on the roof but I’d only like that if I could still see through it like in the 3 and Y.