Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's on the horizon/Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you take a look at the Roadster 2.0 there's no instrument cluster on the dash:

JGAurFx.png

That's it! My fear is that S/X will be the same.
Oh I so hope not!
That interior is great for an exotic car like the Roadster but anywhere else it’s a cheap Prius imitation

I'm just hoping for Apple Carplay or at least voice command recognition that actually works.

If Tesla can sell this many cars with SO many deficiencies compared to other manufacturers, just think how many they will sell once they even have half the deficiencies eliminated.

@emmz0r @AMPd @J.J.

Latest (but a bit aging) rumors suggest that Model S would still get a, perhaps somewhat smaller, instrument cluster. It can be seen in these images quoted below (click the quote to expand). Quote from the Rumor summary: Blind-spot cameras, Rain sensing, Level 3, Big battery, Interior/HUD thread where you can find all the links and sources.

Model 3 like electrified doors (or even more door automation like Model X) for Model S seem to be a no-brainer and is suggested by the door buttons in the rumor images as well.
Is this what a Model S too might look a year from now (charger connector setup depending on the market of course)?

Tesla-Model-SX-design-refresh-electrek-1.jpg

model_s_ccs_mockup-jpg.351151

Tesla-Model-3-china-charge-port.jpg

Tesla-Model-SX-design-refresh-electrek-3.jpg

hud-jpg.267636

Last edited: