Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whats The Fastest Documented Model 3 Awd Non P 1/4 Drag Time So Far?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Draggy is very accurate, we used a lot on the race track and times are spot on.

0CD91D30-4740-4781-8C74-8C4B4063B9B9.jpeg

F9A0333A-58A9-4462-95D3-5072D15D16CF.jpeg

Figured I would post here since technically my car is still "non-P".

Drag raced again last night at the Alamo City Motorplex. Happened to be two other 3's there - one with Accel Boost, the other without.

I managed to line up my last race against the other guy with Boost. He was stock on 19" wheels with the PS4S tires (other than a front lip spoiler and suspension lowered 1") and here was the result:

He ran a 12.01 @ 114.91 mph - 89% SoC. I ran an 11.75 @ 119.30 - 94% SoC. Here's his car on instagram. Bear in mind that my car has rotational mass weight reductions and the back seat out so this is the result of that. Our reaction times were within a tenth of each other and I cut a better light. I was pulling away on the top end.

My other pass was against some older Accord and I ran another 11.75 @ 118.51 mph around 95% SoC.

My best time of the night and new record was my first run at 98% SoC. I ran an 11.71 @ 119.84 mph against some heavily modded Trans Am.

The non-boosted dual motor 3 was running 12.2's consistently but his SoC was around 85% or maybe a little lower.

Both of us charging up at the track. Gotta get those NOS electrons for the Acceleration Boost cars lol. Ironic shot.

IMG_20200529_204433.jpg

Him in the light blue shirt while we're lined up...

IMG_20200530_003707.jpg

All my passes...

IMG_20200530_030822.jpg

My best one (right side) and new record...
IMG_20200530_172008-1.jpg

Boost versus Boost race...
IMG_20200530_172035-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work, I really can’t wait for the track to open around here! The 12.01 vs.12.2 has me a little concerned that acceleration boost didn’t really gain much in an unmodified vechicle

11.71 @119 is moving! Congrats

Figured I would post here since technically my car is still "non-P".

Drag raced again last night at the Alamo City Motorplex. Happened to be two other 3's there - one with Accel Boost, the other without.

I managed to line up my last race against the other guy with Boost. He was stock on 19" wheels with the PS4S tires (other than a front lip spoiler and suspension lowered 1") and here was the result:

He ran a 12.01 @ 114.91 mph - 89% SoC. I ran an 11.75 @ 119.30 - 94% SoC. Here's his car on instagram. Bear in mind that my car has rotational mass weight reductions and the back seat out so this is the result of that. Our reaction times were within a tenth of each other and I cut a better light. I was pulling away on the top end.

My other pass was against some older Accord and I ran another 11.75 @ 118.51 mph around 95% SoC.

My best time of the night and new record was my first run at 98% SoC. I ran an 11.71 @ 119.84 mph against some heavily modded Trans Am.

The non-boosted dual motor 3 was running 12.2's consistently but his SoC was around 85% or maybe a little lower.

What "rotational mass reductions" do you have? That's a great trap speed.

Nice work, I really can’t wait for the track to open around here! The 12.01 vs.12.2 has me a little concerned that acceleration boost didn’t really gain much in an unmodified vechicle

There's a bunch of boosted (otherwise stock) AWD+ cars on draggy are in the 11.8-11.9 range- possibly 85% vs 95% makes a bigger difference for 1/4 on the +?

Thanks! I should have pointed out that the guy said he has ran an 11.89 previously on another day at the track. I'm assuming that his less than ideal charge plus kids seat, some "paint in the trunk" may have been cause for the higher time in this most recent run compared to before.

Annotation 2020-05-31 114747.png

What "rotational mass reductions" do you have? That's a great trap speed.

MPP rotors and rotary forged TSW wheels on all 4 corners.

Reactions: Sam1
Uhhhh....

Video of a "modded" AWD pulling hard on a P3.

If this somehow doesn't void the warranty I'm allllll in.

https://twitter.com/rebuildsrich/status/1268539441016168453?s=21

*IF* the hardware was not changed, this finally proves that 1) The LR AWD is CAPABLE of putting down at-least P level power and appears to be even more capable than that. The only dilemma is how much of a strain does that put on the inverter/battery. It also makes it seem probable that the P3 could receive more power in the future through an official update. I could see it happening once Plaid S is out.

I'm excited to see what Rich is actually doing and what he's going to present in his Youtube video. Due to his recent fallout with Tesla over supercharging his salvaged S, I feel he is probably going to be pretty candid about it and detail dialogue he may have had with them possibly regarding him attempting to do it and sell it to the public (I'm sure Tesla told him he can't do that or else we will take you to court).

Never forget...

AWD-P-capable-Yes.png

Last edited:
For all the LR AWD built before they switched to 990s, we already knew this :)

The three of us know this In our hearts. Then there are some others around here.... lol

PS Mako man....With all that $$ dumped into lightening your car why not just upgrade to a P? Are you also constrained by be able to get upgrades past the better half but not a full car swap? lol

Haha yeah - more constrained on not wanting to spend for a swap. I'm only about 4k all in and I really wanted the wheels themselves, not just because they were lighter. The cost delta of trying to sell my depreciated car and upgrade to a P would be significantly more while being more of hassle than I feel its worth for that extra half second on the low end. I probably won't put anything more into it right now and just wait and see if any more boosts are offered in the future or full P flash and go for that. I'll do an aero kit maybe in the next 6 months. If I'm going to spend big moneys, I'd rather wait on the next gen 3 with the higher capacity batteries.

Reactions: phantasms and Sam1