Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the wire information for Tesla Canada?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am picking up my Highland this Sunday at Toronto Oakville after I return from overseas on the same day. I am trying to figure out wire payments because I am sending the money directly from my brokerage account. However in the Tesla app the "make final payments" button is grayed out and the MVPA does not yet contain any payment information. The Tesla SA is less than helpful as they don't understand why I can't obtain a certified check on a Sunday (where banks are closed here in Canada, and since I am flying into Canada on the same day, I can't exactly go to the bank before). Does anyone have the wire information for Tesla Canada? I need to set up the payment in advance with my brokerage as they don't allow ad-hoc withdrawals to third party accounts for anti-money laundering reasons.

Solution
I would recommend that you obtain the wire information directly from Tesla, instead of via a public forum.

Long story short, one of my friends wired money into the wrong account (Tesla account, but was not information provided to him by Tesla for sales purposes) and it took 6 months for him to get his money back. In the meantime, it was agonizing trying to get anyone from Tesla corporate to respond, and the bank refused to provide any information or talk to him because he was not the account holder nor authorized representative. He had to front more money to complete his purchases and fight to get the wrongly wired monies back. He was THIS close to legal action before the funds were returned.
Does anyone have the wire information for Tesla Canada?
For wire payments Tesla uses Plaid. I did this for my bank. With the SA help in the show room, we set it up and paid in just five minutes. It required routing and bank account number. Gotta be some good numbers that your broker can give you. Also, and very important....don't pay until you inspect the car.

Upvote 0
I would recommend that you obtain the wire information directly from Tesla, instead of via a public forum.

Long story short, one of my friends wired money into the wrong account (Tesla account, but was not information provided to him by Tesla for sales purposes) and it took 6 months for him to get his money back. In the meantime, it was agonizing trying to get anyone from Tesla corporate to respond, and the bank refused to provide any information or talk to him because he was not the account holder nor authorized representative. He had to front more money to complete his purchases and fight to get the wrongly wired monies back. He was THIS close to legal action before the funds were returned.

• Love
Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
Solution