Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's up with my 3D Sale form?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Taking delivery this sunday, 8 days ahead of schedule... Exciting.

I've been looking over my sale form and it's a bit odd. Maybe someone can tell me if I should do something about it or not.

My original order was with the AWD at the 64k price point, ordered the day before it went up 1k.
3D
MSM paint
Black interior
EAP

When silver metallic was announced as a goner, I switched over to it in an attempt to get delivery sooner (and it doesn't hurt that I like the color). So no change in pricing.

A few weeks later, I added FSD when I found out I'd take delivery this year since the numbers would work out.
OK, increase of 3k, shown on the updated sales form emailed to me.

A few weeks after that, my account got a mysterious 1k price adjustment that many other people seem to have gotten. Cool! not sure what it was for, and my AWD pricing ALSO went from 19k to 18k. Was my pricing dropped by 1k twice?

The only other thing is that the cost of my SM paint went UP by $500 to the $2000 "off menu" pricing, despite my order date being before the price increase from 1500 to 2000. So I may have gotten an extra 1k off and an extra 500 added.

So... should I ask what's going on, and potentially risk losing the extra 1k price break I have for a $500 drop, or let it be?

If I build the same car I have on order now (substituting in a different $1500 paint and manually adding 3k for FSD), the NEW price comes out to $500 more than my current expected price as shown live on my account.

Anyone have any logic to this to share?
Thanks