Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your 7.1 experience?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried the Auto open and auto close for the garage door. It didn't work at first, but does seem to have "learned" after 3 attempts. I enabled the auto open and close features, and then pulled out of the garage to test it. It did not autoclose the door as I drove away. When I came back to the house, it did close the door ( it hadn't closed when I left, so in effect, this did work). So I repeated the whole sequence. The 2nd time, the same thing occurred. I then reset the distance, as instructed in the Release Notes. The third time, it DID close the door as I turned out of my driveway. It is NOT necessary to re-program the garage door opener if it doesn't work at first..there is a separate button to just reset the distance from where the door open command is initiated by the car. This is an example of a feature that I asked for in the TeslaMotors forum when I got my car 20 months ago, and its gratifying to see that Tesla listened to we owners !