Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your car look like before delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would it bother you to know that an hour before delivery of your "brand new" $100,000+ Model S that it looked like this?

Note how low the cars are sitting as well? Front plate on one. Mirror on another. These are two different cars.....

tesla4-jpg.332627

tesla3-jpg.332618

Attachments

• tesla3.jpg
    tesla3.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 265
  • tesla4.jpg
    tesla4.jpg
    620.2 KB · Views: 237
  • Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: croman and golfbern
The mirror easily rectified,
The license plate holder, they all do that from the factory. They assume half the people remove them in states no requirement. The other half Tesla reinforces with heavier grade two sided 3M tape because its gonna stay on in those states.

The dirt, well that just cuts down on UV fading of the paint however temporary until someone buys it.

Would rather it be washed once, properly and thoroughly before pickup, than quickly/cheaply several times for months before sale (inventory). We already know the paint is thin and crappy, to swirl dust into it from a detailer who doesnt care because he has 80 to do seems like a bad idea.

Reactions: Russell
I have seen plenty of big-$$$ cars on open trailers going down the highway. S-Class, 7-Series, etc.

Sure, a Tesla isn’t a Chevy Malibu, but it’s not a hand-built Ferrari Enzo or a classic Deusenberg either, so it doesn’t get the enclosed trailer treatment.

Unless you want to pay a $5K destination fee. :)

We picked up day before Christmas Eve and no bow but our car was also clean and new.

That being said, Tesla is way underwater on the delivery process. Model 3 volume shouldn't have been a surprise to them nor is it close to their initial forecasts. Just more aspects where the company self inflicts wounds due to poor organizational leadership.

I have seen plenty of big-$$$ cars on open trailers going down the highway. S-Class, 7-Series, etc.

Sure, a Tesla isn’t a Chevy Malibu, but it’s not a hand-built Ferrari Enzo or a classic Deusenberg either, so it doesn’t get the enclosed trailer treatment.

Unless you want to pay a $5K destination fee. :)

You mention 7 series. I thought "most", if not all BMWs were transported in a closed carrier. They are easy to spot the grey short coupled trailers that are grey with a bubbled front and say "BMW" on the side... I only ask because I seem them frequently.