Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your predicted loyalty to Tesla whenever replacing current car?

Whenever you replace current Tesla you anticipate...

• ...getting another Tesla!

Votes: 198 57.1%
  • ...moving on to a different EV, such as Porsche or Audi.

Votes: 127 36.6%
  • ...returning to the world of ICE!

Votes: 22 6.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WhiteWi - I love your enthusiasm...and I'm envious of it. Personal experience has shifted me into the disgruntled camp. It's happened to may of us. Enjoy your happy vantage point, but don't discount what others are saying!
Thank you, I am genuinely happy to drive American made car that is fun and innovative vs all others I have had before. 11 cars in last 20 years. 12 if you include Tesla.

Not at all. Of course they evaluate first and if it meets parameters they move it to mobile.
Very much an American perspective.
In Australia we pay a LOT more for the cars but don't have mobile service except near one or two cities and of course no way of making contact with the SC except by making an appointment then cancelling it when they make contact.
Having said that Sydney have been very helpful when eventually being contacted.

And yet we have 57% in favor of another Tesla. Go figure.
Which means a whopping 43% are not satisfied enough to return. Only a 57% return rate is absolutely horrible. And, this is a TESLA FORUM, have to subtract 25% automatically off the top as the Tesla fanboy's are obviously going to say they'll return. For a Tesla forum to only have 57% is really, really, really bad. Place the same question in a neutral forum and the percentage is likely closer to 32%.

And, how many of those replies are Model 3 or Model Y owners? Or existing S or X owners that haven't yet realized that their new kid mobile that mom uses daily for grocery runs and picking up kids now has a funky steering wheel with no physical shifter, horn or blinker controls. While trying to focus on the road with 5 kids in the back screaming and yelling, you now have to divert your attention to a screen to find everything you need.

Sorry, the majority of moms will hate the yoke. The majority of business men or women that are not "spirted" drivers and are on their phones all the way to work and back will hate it as well.

Many that answered the poll question likely are M3 or MY drivers that haven't had that stupid yoke thing shoved down their throat yet and likely, many existing Model S/X drivers are basing their opinion on their satisfaction with their current cars and haven't realized or considered what the new versions entail. If the new Model S were simply an improved version of what I currently have, with the same driver friendly functionality, yet with the 400+ mile range, improved acceleration, nicer interior (but with the same type of controls I have now), then I too would be in the "Yes" column to return as a customer, in a New York minute. Unfortunately, I was not a fan of the Model 3 because of almost everything having to be controlled from the screen. At that time, I had the luxury of returning to the 2019 Model S, which I did and absolutely love. The new Model S however, just amplified all the things I hated about the 3 and added several more things. So, I no longer have the option, with Tesla, to purchase a car with the same driver friendly functions that are must haves for my personal needs and preferences. Thus, is the reason I will sadly have to find another option next year.

Expanding further on those options.......
For those that prefer a true "Luxury" car, that new Mercedes, due out at the end of the year with 400 miles of range is looking like a pretty nice option. The Cadillac Lyric looks pretty fancy as well and is expected to be priced around the same as a Model Y. For those seeking high-performance, but aren't planning to race the car and will be satisfied with 2.5 0-60 instead of "needing" one that does 2.2 0-60 (In normal conditions, not counting the launch mode which you have to wait 15 minutes for the car to prepare itself to accomplish the 1.99 on a race prepped race track), the Porsche or Audi GT are good options with absolutely, indisputable superior build quality. Even the E-Tron SUV is going to be upgraded next year to have 400 miles in range. The CyberTruck will appeal to many because it's different. But, for the same reason, many will also be turned off by it. The Rivian or F-150 are great options for those that simply want a functional work truck that's electric. And, there are many, many, many other's in the pipeline due to be released in the next year or two. This is the difference between today (or at least within the next year) as compared with the past 9 years. For the past 9 years, there were ZERO other competitive options. Today and certainly within the next 12 months, there are, or very soon will be, very viable competitors available to choose from. EV America's charging network is being built up by many manufacturers, rather than just one going it alone and already provides pretty good long range charging options for travel. Within a year or two, there will be more options available than Tesla offers. Auto Pilot is also available in some form on all of the above noted cars. All will have at least a "Super Cruise" type system which actually allows for true hands free driving on highways. Tesla's AP has more capabilities right now, yes, but even though it can be turned on city streets, it really isn't practical to do so. AP is best suited for the highway and the hands free capability is superior to Tesla's constant nag system. So, while Tesla's system is in fact still superior, where it's used most (freeways / highways), the other options are arguably superior in the areas that they are programmed to work.

As I've stated, I will always be a Tesla fan and always appreciative of the EV movement they created. I look forward to them now having viable competition to see how they respond. It will no longer be "Tesla's way" or "no way". Many purchased the Tesla because there was no other option. Now there is. Without improvements to at least keep pace with the competition (build quality, optional features, luxury options, better customer service, etc), Tesla could struggle going into the future. I do truly hope to be back in one sometime in the future. But, that's either going to take, true "Full Self Driving" becoming a real thing (which we're still likely years away from) to make the lack of driver friendly functions a moot point. Or, Tesla will have to back track and make these cars more driver friendly to use as long as drivers are still required to "DRIVE THEM". That however seems unlikely. For my needs and uses, the Model 3, and now the S, designed to be driverless cars, are simply too much too soon since they still have to be driven by humans.

Which means a whopping 43% are not satisfied enough to return. Only a 57% return rate is absolutely horrible. And, this is a TESLA FORUM, have to subtract 25% automatically off the top as the Tesla fanboy's are obviously going to say they'll return. For a Tesla forum to only have 57% is really, really, really bad. Place the same question in a neutral forum and the percentage is likely closer to 32%.

And, how many of those replies are Model 3 or Model Y owners? Or existing S or X owners that haven't yet realized that their new kid mobile that mom uses daily for grocery runs and picking up kids now has a funky steering wheel with no physical shifter, horn or blinker controls. While trying to focus on the road with 5 kids in the back screaming and yelling, you now have to divert your attention to a screen to find everything you need.

Sorry, the majority of moms will hate the yoke. The majority of business men or women that are not "spirted" drivers and are on their phones all the way to work and back will hate it as well.

Many that answered the poll question likely are M3 or MY drivers that haven't had that stupid yoke thing shoved down their throat yet and likely, many existing Model S/X drivers are basing their opinion on their satisfaction with their current cars and haven't realized or considered what the new versions entail. If the new Model S were simply an improved version of what I currently have, with the same driver friendly functionality, yet with the 400+ mile range, improved acceleration, nicer interior (but with the same type of controls I have now), then I too would be in the "Yes" column to return as a customer, in a New York minute. Unfortunately, I was not a fan of the Model 3 because of almost everything having to be controlled from the screen. At that time, I had the luxury of returning to the 2019 Model S, which I did and absolutely love. The new Model S however, just amplified all the things I hated about the 3 and added several more things. So, I no longer have the option, with Tesla, to purchase a car with the same driver friendly functions that are must haves for my personal needs and preferences. Thus, is the reason I will sadly have to find another option next year.

For those that prefer a true "Luxury" car, that new Mercedes, due out at the end of the year with 400 miles of range is looking like a pretty nice option. The Cadillac Lyric looks pretty fancy as well and is expected to be priced around the same as a Model Y. For those seeking high-performance, but aren't planning to race the car and will be satisfied with 2.5 0-60 instead of "needing" one that does 2.2 0-60 (In normal conditions, not counting the launch mode which you have to wait 15 minutes for the car to prepare itself to accomplish the 1.99 on a race prepped race track), the Porsche or Audi GT are good options with absolutely, indisputable superior build quality. Even the E-Tron SUV is going to be upgraded next year to have 400 miles in range. The CyberTruck will appeal to many because it's different. But, for the same reason, many will also be turned off by it. The Rivian or F-150 are great options for those that simply want a functional work truck that's electric. And, there are many, many, many other's in the pipeline due to be released in the next year or two. This is the difference between today (or at least within the next year) as compared with the past 9 years. For the past 9 years, there were ZERO other competitive options. Today and certainly within the next 12 months, there are, or very soon will be, very viable competitors available to choose from. EV America's charging network is being built up by many manufacturers, rather than just one going it alone and already provides pretty good long range charging options for travel. Within a year or two, there will be more options available than Tesla offers. Auto Pilot is also available in some form on all of the above noted cars. All will have at least a "Super Cruise" type system which actually allows for true hands free driving on highways. Tesla's AP has more capabilities right now, yes, but even though it can be turned on city streets, it really isn't practical to do so. AP is best suited for the highway and the hands free capability is superior to Tesla's constant nag system. So, while Tesla's system is in fact still superior, where it's used most (freeways / highways), the other options are arguably superior in the areas that they are programmed to work.

As I've stated, I will always be a Tesla fan and always appreciative of the EV movement they created. I look forward to them now having viable competition to see how they respond. It will no longer be "Tesla's way" or "no way". Many purchased the Tesla because there was no other option. Now there is. Without improvements to at least keep pace with the competition (build quality, optional features, luxury options, better customer service, etc), Tesla could struggle going into the future. I do truly hope to be back in one sometime in the future. But, that's either going to take, true "Full Self Driving" becoming a real thing (which we're still likely years away from) to make the lack of driver friendly functions a moot point. Or, Tesla will have to back track and make these cars more driver friendly to use as long as drivers are still required to "DRIVE THEM". That however seems unlikely. For my needs and uses, the Model 3, and now the S, designed to be driverless cars, are simply too much too soon since they still have to be driven by humans.
Reading through this thread has been a good grounding experience for me. haha. I was looking forward to my Model Y order (still 4 months away), and now I will at least be researching some other vehicles during the next few months. I had no idea about the Lyriq and that looks fantastic, I'll be looking for other 7 seaters coming to market soon. I'm still a Tesla fan even though I don't own one yet, but thanks to you and this thread for a bit of a 'reality check' :).

Well said.

Like being a fan of something is bad thing our days. Go figure.
Being a fan is good, because a fan can be critical and admit things aren't going in the right direction. That forces change. Being a fan boy is the reason Tesla won't change their ways. Elon is nothing more than a salesman, and will do whatever it takes and says to put money in his pockets. As shown by the new Model S, he designs cars like a 10 year old would build. If they engineered the car to use the yoke, such as in dialing in the turning radius to match the yoke, then that would be a different story. But my Tacoma still has a better turning radius then the S. So the yoke is nothing more than a 10 year old kids soap box derby idea, the buttons as well. Everyone with any form of common sense knows full autonomous driving is not happening anytime soon. Imagine how improved the exterior and interior build quality could have been if Tesla spent the time and money on R&D for useful purposes instead of how do we remove all of the physical controls and stick a yoke in here.
As others have said, Tesla will get a reality check now that Rivian, Lucid, Ford, and the VW group have their EVs planning to drop over the next couple of years.

Being a fan is good, because a fan can be critical and admit things aren't going in the right direction. That forces change. Being a fan boy is the reason Tesla won't change their ways. Elon is nothing more than a salesman, and will do whatever it takes and says to put money in his pockets. As shown by the new Model S, he designs cars like a 10 year old would build. If they engineered the car to use the yoke, such as in dialing in the turning radius to match the yoke, then that would be a different story. But my Tacoma still has a better turning radius then the S. So the yoke is nothing more than a 10 year old kids soap box derby idea, the buttons as well. Everyone with any form of common sense knows full autonomous driving is not happening anytime soon. Imagine how improved the exterior and interior build quality could have been if Tesla spent the time and money on R&D for useful purposes instead of how do we remove all of the physical controls and stick a yoke in here.
As others have said, Tesla will get a reality check now that Rivian, Lucid, Ford, and the VW group have their EVs planning to drop over the next couple of years.
Too funny to comment.
As old saying goes:"The dogs bark, but the caravan goes on". Not a personal attack just old saying.

• Disagree
Reactions: whitex and Droschke