Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your predicted loyalty to Tesla whenever replacing current car?

Whenever you replace current Tesla you anticipate...

• ...getting another Tesla!

Votes: 198 57.1%
  • ...moving on to a different EV, such as Porsche or Audi.

Votes: 127 36.6%
  • ...returning to the world of ICE!

Votes: 22 6.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And yet Tesla sales dominate all other so much better EVs. LoL
Yes, for the time being, and good luck: I don’t want my S to be without ANY support.
As KissMyButt says, there are dozens of competitors on or near the market and EV ownership is taking off - in large part because of Musk’s commitment over the last decade or two.
I don’t know who pushed the idea of the yoke and no stalks - could be the Tesla equivalent of marketing men - and it will surely pull in some customers with the “cool” look. I agree, it does look futuristic, and it is possibly argued that with autonomous driving “soon” it’s a way of preparing for zero manual controls.
But true autonomy isn’t going to happen with any of the cars on the road today, if ever in most administrations, so turning off half the customer base is crass. Refreshing the cars and giving the option would have been truly sensible, especially if people were given the option of a month with the yoke and change it and the UI with no questions asked.
Even I might try it like that - I’m always willing to have my mind changed. But asking me to buy without seeing or with just a short test drive……

I like the F150L because it looks like a normal truck. It's not trying to make some silly statement, it just does truck stuff with electric motors instead of a V8. And as such, it's unlikely to get cut off in traffic or keyed for being electric like folks seem to do to teslas in hick areas.

I also like the look of the Rivian.
your choice of adj for peeps that key the tesla is Priceless

We drive across country twice a year so we will stay with Tesla until charging infrastructure and range is not an issue. Once that gap is closed, I am open to looking @ other options. Rivian, Lucid, Audi, etc.
we just had our 1st road trip after owning the MX for 2 yrs. It was flawless & i must say enjoyable. However, we are not traveling with young kids or even teens..for us it was perfect to take the 40 min break & i might add a safe idea too. I wondered if we would have trouble regarding the Free SC since we never used it..But No issues!! that would have changed the mood of the trip for sure. What i especially noticed was when passing one of the many trucks i never worried about getting by them with enough speed..it is a bit of an anxious moment passing huge truck trailer types but my MX got past them rapidly & i enjoyed that extra bit of power without hesitation!!

Wait and see which regions will be opened... I suspect Europe or Asia will be ahead of the US.
I would temper those expectations. Most likely reason for Elon to announce that Tesla will open their supercharger network is to qualify for a massive trillion dollar plus infrastructure spending initiative by the USA government, which has a decent chunk set aside for government incentives for companies to expand EV DC charging networks, but they cannot be proprietary locked into one manufacturer's cars. Not sure whether EU or Asia have similar incentives, but I would not be surprised. That said, this is Elon, who will wordsmith his way out of anything if needed. A good example would be when Tesla announced the "battery swap in less than a gas fill up" program, but then stopped after building exactly one of the stations, not even open to the public, but qualifying Tesla for government grants at the time. So I would not be surprised if this "opening to other manufacturers" be extremely limited, perhaps one supercharger only, and maybe even to a limited number of competitors (last I looked, the spending bill qualification was "at least two manufacturers"), and/or so expensive nobody will want to use it. One thing I am sure of, Elon will not do any more than necessary to qualify for the incentives than the most literal interpretation of the bill. The only way Elon actually opens up all superchargers to other EV's is if there is good money in it for Tesla.

I'm 6 months into my MY and I definitely would get another Tesla.

I want the CT because it's roomier and I can go back to driving a truck... and sure.. it's different looking.

If the F150L is cheaper or more available, I'll consider that instead.

As I said before, choice is good, but Tesla is still at the top in my opinion. Although my wife really wants the Mach -E.

Reactions: SO16 and WhiteWi
I’ve owned two back to back model S performance ( a 2015 P85DL and a current 2019 Raven performance) this is the only car in 40 years of driving I’ve bought back to back. I was waiting to pick up a plaid in 2022 but now I’ve tempered my expectations. I still don’t have FSD after paying for it for 7 years and looking at the new model S interior I feel it takes too many cues from the down market model 3. Plus Im tired of making excuses for the interior as minimalist or Spartan or Swedish inspired. A six figure car should not have 1/2 the amenities I can get for 50k. I recently went to the Lucid showroom in Manhattan and was blown away by the Air. I put 1000 down for a grand touring and should get delivery in the spring. I thought I was going to be a tesla fanboy for life but my interactions with service have been spotty. I also could not see driving basically the same looking car for another 4 years. I love my model S but there are more attractive alternatives popping up. My two cents

I am constantly looking at other manufacturers besides Tesla to see if there is anything out there I might want more, but so far I haven't seen it. The Porsche Taycan is cool looking, but slow and the software is crap I understand. I think that is likely the case with most other EVs. Even Lucid is probably going to have shitty software for years. I would even get another ICE car if they weren't so slow. It just seems hard for anyone to catch Tesla in the next 5 years.