Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your predicted loyalty to Tesla whenever replacing current car?

Whenever you replace current Tesla you anticipate...

• ...getting another Tesla!

Votes: 198 57.1%
  • ...moving on to a different EV, such as Porsche or Audi.

Votes: 127 36.6%
  • ...returning to the world of ICE!

Votes: 22 6.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got a MY and MSLR on order and I’ll probably take whichever one arrives first. I am a bit bothered by the fact that the MS hasn’t changed it’s exterior design much since introduction. The supercharging network keeps me interested, and I miss my Model X.

Reactions: Zer0t
I really enjoy my 2019 Model S, paid for EAP back when it was $5k and got the free FSD hardware upgrade as promised. That being said, I have no brand loyalty to Tesla. Competition and options are the best friend of a consumer. I'm seriously looking at Rivian's R1S. Unlike the Model Y, it's a true full-size 3 row SUV, and $23K cheaper than the Model X. It fits in to that sweet spot pricing wise that Tesla seems to be missing.
I currently own a Tacoma and if I were to go electric for a pickup, it would not be the Cyber truck. It would be the F150 Lightning or the Rivian R1T for reasons that others have said. The Cyber truck is all flash and not for those who actually understand what a truck is meant to be used for. I think Tesla has started to veer the wrong direction and it seems they are more worried about getting in to pissing contests about speed and specs as opposed to building EVs for the masses. Their quality and customer service has gone down the toilet. The majority of us don't need a $150K car that can do 0-60 in under 2 seconds. We just want a reasonably priced EV that is built well and is backed with good customer service.

I really enjoy my 2019 Model S, paid for EAP back when it was $5k and got the free FSD hardware upgrade as promised. That being said, I have no brand loyalty to Tesla. Competition and options are the best friend of a consumer. I'm seriously looking at Rivian's R1S. Unlike the Model Y, it's a true full-size 3 row SUV, and $23K cheaper than the Model X. It fits in to that sweet spot pricing wise that Tesla seems to be missing.
I currently own a Tacoma and if I were to go electric for a pickup, it would not be the Cyber truck. It would be the F150 Lightning or the Rivian R1T for reasons that others have said. The Cyber truck is all flash and not for those who actually understand what a truck is meant to be used for. I think Tesla has started to veer the wrong direction and it seems they are more worried about getting in to pissing contests about speed and specs as opposed to building EVs for the masses. Their quality and customer service has gone down the toilet. The majority of us don't need a $150K car that can do 0-60 in under 2 seconds. We just want a reasonably priced EV that is built well and is backed with good customer service.
Must disagree about quality and customer service. Nothing but a positive things about customer service both at SC and mobile for a past 2 years. Had single problem with AC in our 3 which was fixed under warranty. My used S was taken care off for every single thing I could find. Also speed and tech what makes Tesla fun!

Must disagree about quality and customer service. Nothing but a positive things about customer service both at SC and mobile for a past 2 years. Had single problem with AC in our 3 which was fixed under warranty. My used S was taken care off for every single thing I could find. Also speed and tech what makes Tesla fun!
You ever try calling Tesla customer service? I guess I must be in the minority when I say they have poor build quality and bad customer service. I've had a good experience with their mobile service, the tech replaced both my headlights due to failing LEDs in the DRLs when he did the FSD hardware update. That is the glass is half full way of looking at Tesla. The reality is, you shouldn't have to replace both headlights on a new car for failing DRL LEDs. BTW, it's a known issue, not just an isolated incident.

You ever try calling Tesla customer service? I guess I must be in the minority when I say they have poor build quality and bad customer service. I've had a good experience with their mobile service, the tech replaced both my headlights due to failing LEDs in the DRLs when he did the FSD hardware update. That is the glass is half full way of looking at Tesla. The reality is, you shouldn't have to replace both headlights on a new car for failing DRL LEDs. BTW, it's a known issue, not just an isolated incident.
No, I don’t call them I use app to set apt like they designed to and they always answered me in timely manner. Also my 16 S still have original headlights. I guess I am lucky.

My one DRL is slightly failing now after 4.5 years and 65k miles. Still doesn’t need replacement yet. But it seems the new revision is working better (version g). May be too early to say for sure though.

Reactions: WhiteWi
No, I don’t call them I use app to set apt like they designed to and they always answered me in timely manner. Also my 16 S still have original headlights. I guess I am lucky.
You seem to assimilate customer service to only service for some reason. There are other reasons why you would contact a business' customer service line.

You seem to assimilate customer service to only service for some reason. There are other reasons why you would contact a business' customer service line.
Well, Sales Advisers were great too both times. Other than that I don’t even know if Tesla has customer service and I definitely never needed anything beyond that. I guess you are old schooler who liked dealers and being able to talk to people on the phone. I definitely prefer modern way of doing things and rather not to talk to people on the phone bc it is waste of time in many cases.

• Disagree
Reactions: Droschke
Well, Sales Advisers were great too both times. Other than that I don’t even know if Tesla has customer service and I definitely never needed anything beyond that. I guess you are old schooler who liked dealers and being able to talk to people on the phone. I definitely prefer modern way of doing things and rather not to talk to people on the phone bc it is waste of time in many cases.
I'm in my 30's, so not exactly an old schooler. Talking to people in person and on the phone when you have an issue is not old school. It's called active conversation/resolution. Being scared to talk to someone and hiding behind a keyboard isn't exactly a good way to get things resolved. As I stated before, I guess I'm the only one who thinks Tesla customer service needs improvement. :rolleyes:

I'm in my 30's, so not exactly an old schooler. Talking to people in person and on the phone when you have an issue is not old school. It's called active conversation/resolution. Being scared to talk to someone and hiding behind a keyboard isn't exactly a good way to get things resolved. As I stated before, I guess I'm the only one who thinks Tesla customer service needs improvement. :rolleyes:
Yes it can use improvement. Is it enough to sway my decision? No. I don’t let the 3 hours I spent with Tesla service over 4.5 years dictate that.

It’s faster to type and let people read and understand what you want from them vs talking on the phone and letting them work by the script. But to each their own. No company can please everyone.

• Disagree
Reactions: Droschke
It’s faster to type and let people read and understand what you want from them vs talking on the phone and letting them work by the script.
If you have a new car and live in silicon valley, no problem. But this strategy falls apart post-warranty or if you live of the beaten path. Once the car gets older and things start to break, the choices in the app are too limited.

Example: I had a wheel bearing go bad. Guess what, there's no choice for "come change my wheel bearing" in the app. So you pick "other" which then takes mobile service off the table and only offers 3 service centers, all >125 miles away. How do I get ahold of a person to schedule for mobile service when no one answers phones or email?

Fortunately, I have the email of someone behind the scenes at mobile service who answers email and can make things happen, but it's a back channel. The official channels suck.

Reactions: TessP100D
If you have a new car and live in silicon valley, no problem. But this strategy falls apart post-warranty or if you live of the beaten path. Once the car gets older and things start to break, the choices in the app are too limited.

Example: I had a wheel bearing go bad. Guess what, there's no choice for "come change my wheel bearing" in the app. So you pick "other" which then takes mobile service off the table and only offers 3 service centers, all >125 miles away. How do I get ahold of a person to schedule for mobile service when no one answers phones or email?

Fortunately, I have the email of someone behind the scenes at mobile service who answers email and can make things happen, but it's a back channel. The official channels suck.
Complete bs I have used other option for my S few times and got mobile service. It probably has to do more with job complexity than anything else. About back channel # or email are easy to get if you go to your local SC and ask politely.

• Disagree
Reactions: Droschke and KJD
Also my 16 S still have original headlights. I guess I am lucky.
Yes, I would say you are lucky. My June 2016 build Model S has had the driver side headlight replaced, the passenger side replaced twice, all within my 50k mile original warranty (I distanced out the warranty in about 3 yr, 4 months). My passenger side is right at 2 years since it was last replaced and again already shows initial indications of failing with it being yellow across about half of the upper brow.

While in most cases contacting service via the app has been sufficient for me, there are times where I would have preferred the ability to call and actually talk to a service advisor. One example of that is when Tesla changed the annual maintenance recommendations in 2019, I still had one remaining service on my 4 years maintenance plan, and I wanted to discuss what they would actually perform if I went ahead and did the final service event. Instead I ended needing to drive a hour each way to actually talk with someone to try and understand my options. So there are multiple reasons why one may want to talk with service even though on-line or app appointment option may work in most cases.

A company that is truly outstanding at customer service understands that not all customers are alike and provides options to address the differing needs of different customers. And none of that has anything to do with customer age, tech savvy-ness, or dealerships versus a manufacturer direct to consumer model.

Fact: every time I pick "other", it removes the option for mobile service. No need to insult me and call me a liar, newb
When I picked other one time, it would default to the service center because they couldn’t know for sure if it could be done by mobile automatically. But soon after they reviewed the request, they moved it to mobile.