Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheels spacers for PLAID + 21” Arachnids?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here have experience using wheel spacers with a 2021/22 refresh model S (with 21“ arachnids)
What’s highest thickness I could go before the wheels start rubbing?
Keep hearing great things about the ones made by Bonoss, might order them.
I’d like to get 20mm in the front and 25mm in the rear.
My goal is to have the tires either be flush with the fenders or even poke out just a little bit.
Thoughts?

DA86C1C5-1F3D-454C-A687-E6662F71A752.jpeg

i used these and they were perfect

So this statement in the ebay listing from the seller is not a real problem with these spacers, or did you have to do some mods?

"Note: Will not fit 21" or 22" OEM wheels, as these sizes need 20mm minimum spacer to clear OEM bolts to wheel contact. Does not fit Plaid or Long range models, as hub is different. See out other listings for Plaid models."

15’s are too narrow for factory lugs. I put them on mine with 21” Turbines and wheels weren’t flush. Now I have 20’s on front 25’s on rear. Stance is perfect but when I have suspension on low and turning tight to park the fronts rub wheel well.

Early builds had a conical tip to the factory studs that have to be shaved before spacers will fit. Later builds (unsure exactly when the change was made but at minimum from 7/22) don't have a tip and 18mm spacers will fit fine behind the factory wheels. I have a set of 18mm UPD spacers off my Plaid for sale on the TMC marketplace.

So this statement in the ebay listing from the seller is not a real problem with these spacers, or did you have to do some mods?
"Note: Will not fit 21" or 22" OEM wheels, as these sizes need 20mm minimum spacer to clear OEM bolts to wheel contact. Does not fit Plaid or Long range models, as hub is different. See out other listings for Plaid models."
I’m so sorry guys, didn’t mean to leave y’all hanging. I originally bought 20mm spacers from the same seller for my Arachnids (link below). Then I swapped to a different set of wheels, and got the 15mm from them. Both sets worked without issues and I’m currently running the 15mm on my car now. I should have posted this 20mm link instead of the other 15mm one.

I’m so sorry guys, didn’t mean to leave y’all hanging. I originally bought 20mm spacers from the same seller for my Arachnids (link below). Then I swapped to a different set of wheels, and got the 15mm from them. Both sets worked without issues and I’m currently running the 15mm on my car now. I should have posted this 20mm link instead of the other 15mm one.

I bought these and they’re great but I had to go with 20’s in front and I did 25’s rear. The 15’s wouldn’t flush but my wheels rub on tight turns when suspension is set to low.
FE0ED76C-63E8-4118-B68E-3E26C3C5401D.jpeg
4B605610-7F9A-4BE3-9312-A682EF603C69.jpeg
E4188FDE-6A85-47C5-A9DD-12514B694422.jpeg

I honestly don't get why so many people want to push their wheels out. I get the aesthetics of it, but the practicality has some real downsides. I personally would be concerned about using spacers on such a heavy and powerful car.

I have an aggressive fitment on my aftermarket wheels and the amount of crap it throws down the side of the car really pushed me over the edge to PPF the car. So the wider stance means less of the car is protected by the fenders and depending on the roads you drive on, you have a real risk to sandblast your car. That is why Tesla even went to the trouble of putting PPF strips on the haunches of the car especially since they widened that area compared to the last gen.

Maybe many of you are lucky but the roads are pretty abrasive where I am at so it isn't an issue. Just something to keep in mind, and even more if you have a Plaid and like to unleash it a lot.

I honestly don't get why so many people want to push their wheels out. I get the aesthetics of it, but the practicality has some real downsides. I personally would be concerned about using spacers on such a heavy and powerful car.

I have an aggressive fitment on my aftermarket wheels and the amount of crap it throws down the side of the car really pushed me over the edge to PPF the car. So the wider stance means less of the car is protected by the fenders and depending on the roads you drive on, you have a real risk to sandblast your car. That is why Tesla even went to the trouble of putting PPF strips on the haunches of the car especially since they widened that area compared to the last gen.

Maybe many of you are lucky but the roads are pretty abrasive where I am at so it isn't an issue. Just something to keep in mind, and even more if you have a Plaid and like to unleash it a lot.
I have full PPF, so I really haven't seen any issues with rocks or dirt getting kicked up.

The aesthetics are the main reason. I want to give it a bit more visual aggression. I do like these spacers because it appears they are well-made and bolt to the hub and use integrated bolts to make the new lugs, rather than some others that need extended lugs that may not be as durable. I had spacers on previous tuned GT-Rs without any issues, not sure how that translates here, that's why I was asking for personal experiences.

Reactions: narth327
The difference between the GTR and the Plaid is the Plaid has far more torque off idle and it weighs a lot more than a GTR. This can greatly exacerbate the stress put on the wheels. I don't know how severe the usage is for anyone running spacers so maybe someone who is using them will have personal experience of a particular brand. When I lived in Europe the TUV-approved ones were the ones my friends would look for as they actually had to go through testing to be approved for use on the car. They cost more of course.

Given the loads Teslas can put on them I'd be even more inclined to find the best ones I can. I've seen some pretty spectacular failures of spacers so I just avoid them personally now.

Hopefully you find what you need.