Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When did Tesla include Subzero, UHFS, SaS as standard equipment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ostrichsak

Sep 6, 2018
Colorado, USA
At some point that Tesla started included previously optional items such as SaS, UHFS & Subzero as standard equipment. What I'm trying to find out is specifically when that happened. I feel like it was early 2018 but I can't seem to narrow it down to a month with definitive information. Searches aren't bringing up anything either so I thought I would check here to see if someone has the information handy they can link me to. The previously useful Wiki (RIP) now says that "Tesla is bundling interior options together like the Model X" or something similar to that in January of 2017 but that seems way too early for the specific features I'm talking about. The Raven suspension thing was 2019 and I'm pretty sure that by then this was the case but I thought that the SaS/UHFS/Subzero thing was before that by a year or two.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
From what I’ve found online, the air suspension and Subzero became standard in mid-2017, and UHFS in mid-2018. Why do you ask?
The stuff that I've seen tends to support this as well. I'm in the market for another car with a 100 pack this time so I just want to make sure that I understand what the difference in options between them are. Tesla has an amazing way of remaining remarkably inconsistent in this area specifically over the years.

I ordered a Model S P100D back in mid 2017 and picked up Sept 2017. All those options were included and standard with my order.
What I've seen so far online supports this. It would make sense that Tesla would make all of those options standard on the performance cars earlier than the non-performance cars and then eventually determined that it would save them production costs to just lump it all in as standard equipment rather than drop the price tag and have different options to deal with.

The stuff that I've seen tends to support this as well. I'm in the market for another car with a 100 pack this time so I just want to make sure that I understand what the difference in options between them are. Tesla has an amazing way of remaining remarkably inconsistent in this area specifically over the years.
Best to confirm with the seller that the car has air suspension, UHFS, and Subzero if those features are important to you, standard or not.