Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When do you think we can reserve a RWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just came up w a theory - what if it’ll be software unlock AWD?
Not sure if it makes sense economically (cost of another motor vs cost of branching lines) or electrically (power ratios and regen balance and all that). But it got me thinking...
Don't think it makes sense because they would have to put the second motor in every car and if the person never upgraded then that would be a significant loss in money.

It's not even confirmed that the RWD model will be made at all yet. Tesla support have given conflicting answers. We're all waiting on official word.

RWD is not scheduled at all. Not even for 2021.

Website still says Early 2021 for standard range which is RWD. There is probably a good chance that is somewhat accurate since the model 3 still has a standard range option. If you're specifically talking about LR RWD, then correct, no one has any idea when or if it will be made.

2021 is just a rumor, not confirmed. Tesla reps have differed on this. We're all waiting for official-official word.

Personally, I can see Tesla bringing back RWD M3/MY. Perhaps when demand starts to fall for the models in general.

I tend to agree since I received a chat from Tesla stating this but we all know Telsa has contradicted themselves on this.
Do either of you have any further information or is this just your best guess?

As far as further info. Tesla has made no official comment regard RWD orders, however some who reserved RWD Model Y’s noticed that their vehicles switched to AWD. The only RWD Tesla available is the Standard Range+ Model 3.

As far as further info. Tesla has made no official comment regard RWD orders, however some who reserved RWD Model Y’s noticed that their vehicles switched to AWD. The only RWD Tesla available is the Standard Range+ Model 3.
Consistently inconsistently Tesla didn't change my order to AWD just left the order in lala land without any motors-:) I've explored changing to AWD but not at an additional $6,490 the configurator shows. I reached out to Tesla without a specific answer other then the advice to leave my order alone so I'm hoping something good happens. Just have to be patient and see what options Tesla comes up with for RWD orders.

But that's a SR battery, not LR.
I know the RWD won't be available until 2021 but any thoughts on when it might be available to at lease order?

So, which RWD are you referring to, the SR+ or the LR?

Many of the responses are probably assuming that you are referring to the RWD LR (mine was) but it seems some are assuming the SR+ RWD. You really need to provide both classification.

Consistently inconsistently Tesla didn't change my order to AWD just left the order in lala land without any motors-:) I've explored changing to AWD but not at an additional $6,490 the configurator shows. I reached out to Tesla without a specific answer other then the advice to leave my order alone so I'm hoping something good happens. Just have to be patient and see what options Tesla comes up with for RWD orders.

from your response, I would have to say that for those who pre-ordered the RWD, Tesla will still produce. They will honor those who payed $2,500. Anyone who wants a RWD Model Y today, can not. Only AWD option going forward.