Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When does communication with my local delivery center become part of the process?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a vin and delivery date. I am waiting on my inside delivery advisor to email me my full MVPA. Is first contact with the delivery center on the day of delivery or before?
I contacted the SC a week prior to delivery and they informed me that the car had been delivered. Can’t hurt to call to at least find out if they have the car.

9/17 - I was scheduled for 9/23
9/21 - Got rescheduled for 10/16 by someone in Vegas
9/24 - My delivery center called and rescheduled for 9/26
9/25 - A mysterious person switched it back to 10/16 (no contact)

This means that my delivery center scheduled me to take delivery 48hrs out without even looking if they had the car yet :eek: In other words, your delivery center doesn't always know the most.

I have a vin and delivery date. I am waiting on my inside delivery advisor to email me my full MVPA. Is first contact with the delivery center on the day of delivery or before?
You call the local delivery center before delivery because they're the only ones who know whether the car *actually showed up*. That doesn't mean that they know, it just means *nobody else ever knows*.

Well I gave it a shot, called the service center about 9 times throughout the day today and no one ever picked up. I guess I'll continue to try, eventually maybe I'll get somebody
Did you Leave a voicemail? and did the reply?
I called the person at Macadam that gave us a test drive in an "S" last year. Got a sales person who took my VIN and later called back with Info of "in Transit". This was a lot better than silence, and Is as good as I expected for this time in the process. I will call again to get an update later in the process.

All of my communications prior to delivery were emails with my first contact in Las Vegas. At first he was setting up home delivery but due to Hurricane Florence he moved me to the Raleigh sales office.

He called me to tell me of the change to Raleigh and gave me a date and time for delivery. I also learned that my car was at a Baltimore logistic center and he gave me my VIN.

I had not spoken to anyone in Raleigh about my delivery prior to his phone call. Since so many others were having dates cancelled I called the Raleigh sales office. They looked up my VIN and confirmed the delivery date and time. The first time I spoke with my DA was when I met him at the Raleigh office.

Once in Raleigh everything went smooth and I found no issues with my car. Excellent delivery.

Did you Leave a voicemail? and did the reply?
I called the person at Macadam that gave us a test drive in an "S" last year. Got a sales person who took my VIN and later called back with Info of "in Transit". This was a lot better than silence, and Is as good as I expected for this time in the process. I will call again to get an update later in the process.
I didn’t see the option. I hit 4 for new deliveries when prompted and got a voicemail that said “to access your voicemail press #” there was no beep after that for me to leave a message.

I finally got through. I was told that my car has been through inspection but not through detailing yet. He said that today they are running about 2 hours behind because of how busy they are. I asked if I should show up on time or call and see if I am pushed back. He suggested calling an hour before my delivery to see how long I would be waiting.

So a word to the wise:
Call an hour before your delivery when they are in a push to get cars out at the end of a quarter so you don’t waste hours in the waiting room if it’s not necessary.

Reactions: C141medic