Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will trial start rolling out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No there’s HW3 Model 3/Y on 2024.8.7
Agreed. I have a 2021 (hw3) MY and I'm on 2024.8.7. There are other 3/Y owners here also on 2024.8.7 who are from New Mexico and Tennessee. My guess is Tesla is holding back wide release of v12 in some areas while they work on improving how it performs there.

They may even be waiting until they can release improved map data. The map data where I live was terrible when I tried FSD last summer. It wanted to go 35 or 40 in my neighborhood where it's not safe to go over 15. And bad map data, years out of date, made it impossible for FSD to drive me to the grocery store. In-car navigation is still confused about this.

We know Tesla focused their FSD development on places with relatively high population density and high Tesla ownership. IMO this was the correct approach but for a release to actually go nation-wide they will have to get it to work (well) in the more rural areas that have fewer Teslas.

Reactions: cstork
Am I correct that so far no one has received the "1 month free FSD trial" offered by Musk?
And would the first one who received it be so kind and post?
I got an email

1712026378485.png

Reactions: Skavatar
Agreed. I have a 2021 (hw3) MY and I'm on 2024.8.7. There are other 3/Y owners here also on 2024.8.7 who are from New Mexico and Tennessee. My guess is Tesla is holding back wide release of v12 in some areas while they work on improving how it performs there.

They may even be waiting until they can release improved map data. The map data where I live was terrible when I tried FSD last summer. It wanted to go 35 or 40 in my neighborhood where it's not safe to go over 15. And bad map data, years out of date, made it impossible for FSD to drive me to the grocery store. In-car navigation is still confused about this.

We know Tesla focused their FSD development on places with relatively high population density and high Tesla ownership. IMO this was the correct approach but for a release to actually go nation-wide they will have to get it to work (well) in the more rural areas that have fewer Teslas.
I am in the Northeast so it's not location based.

Not just NM and TN, I'm in Indiana with 2024.8.7 on my 2020 Model 3 LR

Reactions: SeminoleFSU

Theory doesn’t hold true. Friends MYP got updated to 2024.8.7 and I got 2024.3.10 while at their house. Greater Seattle area.

Theory doesn’t hold true. Friends MYP got updated to 2024.8.7 and I got 2024.3.10 while at their house. Greater Seattle area.
Location is obviously not the only criterion and I didn't say it was. If that is what you thought I meant then I apologize for being unclear. Some people in every region will probably have a quick upgrade to v12 and some people in every region will have a slower upgrade. OTOH, I would be surprised if Tesla were totally bind to region when it comes to FSD updates.