Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will trial start rolling out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of us that haven’t received the trial, should we submit a Service Request ?

View attachment 1034677
Is that even a possibility? I am leaving on a road trip next Tuesday and id love to test it out. I am currently on 2024.8.7 (2021 M3 LR w/ USS). I wonder if an update can even be rolled back to be eligible?
I'd rather send a tweet directly to Elon, which might be much faster once he sees it.

I think there might be a situation where some HW3 is not the same (perhaps early HW3 or people like me who upgraded from HW2.5 to HW3)
Anyone here have a car with ultrasonic sensors that got fsd free trial? That's probably the reason for the different software versions. Smart summon uses the USS still. The other hardware difference I am aware of is that I have a radar in the front bumper. I think cars after 2021 don't have it. Not sure that one matters because it's supposedly no longer used.

I did not get the trial on my 2024 Model Y. I have FSD on my 2023 Model Y that's on my same account. Is Tesla not sending the trial to anyone who already has it on another vehicle in their account maybe?
Don't think it has anything to do with accounts. It's a car by car basis (e.g., it's config, location, and then random lotto of which VINs get flagged to get the update because they stagger releases to not overwhelm their servers and to keep an eye on problems in the fleet by cohort)

Don't think it has anything to do with accounts. It's a car by car basis (e.g., it's config, location, and then random lotto of which VINs get flagged to get the update because they stagger releases to not overwhelm their servers and to keep an eye on problems in the fleet by cohort)
Ok was just thinking if someone already has a car with FSD, they may choose not to roll out a preview since that person would likely be familiar. Unless their intent is to collect data more than it is to sell FSD. Perhaps it’s because my non-FSD Model Y is on 2024.8.7

Anyone here have a car with ultrasonic sensors that got fsd free trial? That's probably the reason for the different software versions. Smart summon uses the USS still. The other hardware difference I am aware of is that I have a radar in the front bumper. I think cars after 2021 don't have it. Not sure that one matters because it's supposedly no longer used.
Yeah, my 2018 M3 has USS and I got the invite email. It took over 24 hours to arrive after the update to 2024.3.10.

I have no USS on 2023 MYLR7, at version 2024.8.7.. no update, no fsd 12 trial yet

This car is a newer model so now we can't even say it's a hardware difference in the older cars that got 2024.8.7
So maybe it is just random (bad) luck that some of us got the upgrade to 2024.8.7 right before this FSD trial was announced. Teslafi shows a sizable number of vehicles on 2024.8.7. (Blue line, while 2024.3.10 is the green line).

chart_main.jpeg

So maybe it is just random (bad) luck that some of us got the upgrade to 2024.8.7 right before this FSD trial was announced. Teslafi shows a sizable number of vehicles on 2024.8.7. (Blue line, while 2024.3.10 is the green line).

View attachment 1034930
I didn't get FSD 12 on 2024.3.10; I got it on 2024.3.6. The numbers on the chart are blurry; is the orange line 2024.3.6? Does the chart show the number of vehicles on that release on each date, or the number that installed the release on the date?

I didn't get a free trial email, but I'm already on a 3-month referral trial.

ETA: 2024.3.10 just showed up and is installing now.

Last edited:
I didn't get FSD 12 on 2024.3.10; I got it on 2024.3.6. The numbers on the chart are blurry; is the orange line 2024.3.6? Does the chart show the number of vehicles on that release on each date, or the number that installed the release on the date?

I didn't get a free trial email, but I'm already on a 3-month referral trial.
Sorry, that wasn't the best chart to post. That was number of vehicles upgrading to that version of the software each day. Here is a better chart to post. It is the current software version of every car using Teslafi. (Of course only a small percentage of Tesla owners use Teslafi, so look at this like a political poll.) You can see the majority of vehicles are on 2024.8.7 however.

Capture.JPG

Sorry, that wasn't the best chart to post. That was number of vehicles upgrading to that version of the software each day. Here is a better chart to post. It is the current software version of every car using Teslafi. (Of course only a small percentage of Tesla owners use Teslafi, so look at this like a political poll.) You can see the majority of vehicles are on 2024.8.7 however.

View attachment 1034956
Also keep in mind only US and Canada I believe are getting 2024.3.x. The whole rest of the world is getting 2024.8.7.

• Informative
Reactions: danarcha

View attachment 1034956
If majority are on 2024.8.7 it’s possible they just want to test with other smaller-sized branches first, solidify things even more before rolling it out to everyone on this branch. Maybe we’ll get v12.4 or v12.5 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: BitJam and sp34
If majority are on 2024.8.7 it’s possible they just want to test with other smaller-sized branches first, solidify things even more before rolling it out to everyone on this branch. Maybe we’ll get v12.4 or v12.5 🤷‍♂️
I suspect that could be the case too. Solidify it on the smaller branches before they push it wider. Just got my fingers crossed I can use it next week on my road trip :)

I am sorry, I am not that software version savvy like most of you. So I would like a simple answer to two questions:

1. Did the 30-day free trial start on April 1, 2024, and ends April 30?
Or is the 30-day start flexible, depending on when the software is installed, and the email notification agreed upon?

2. If the latter: I am currently on V11.1 (2023.44.30.5.1). Are there any special steps I need to take to get to the FSD trial level?

My car is a 2021 M3P.

Thank you.