Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will trial start rolling out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am wondering if those of us that have not yet received the free FSD trial. If we will get it after those that currently have it expires.
I think you will get it as soon as Tesla has it running on a version newer than 2024.8.9. If that doesn't happen till May then most others will be finished their trial. If that happens before end of April then you will overlap with the others. I'm sure the 8.X people will get it when the next version is ready. Most likely you will get an even newer version than 12.3.3.

What surprises me (or maybe it shouldn't surprise me) is that Elon seemed to have been clueless to the fact that a significant portion of the fleet in N.A. was already on 2024.8.X and that FSD wasn't ready for that base FW yet. He should't have promised everyone getting it right away.

This is how Elon works. You make a plan, and begin to implement. As it rolls out, you learn things and adapt to that reality.
The alternative is to wait until everything is perfect and all potential issues are worked out, then release. Even here, you will find issues as you launch into reality.
This is why, Elon totally expects the first itteration of a rocket to fail. They learn from those failures and march to later successful launches.

Reactions: enemji and BitJam
Our2017 X75D did get FSD V12.3.4 last night. Some of the OG fleet is being "blessed" now LOL

IMG_1595.png

• Love
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
Upcoming update 2024.8.12., no release notes as of now.. crossing my fingers it has FSD v12 🤞
2024.8.12 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates

According to TeslaFi, it does not have 12. Sorry. I am on 8.9 awaiting for 12. I am trying to recall the typical timeline when they update FSD on the non-beta (I know it's not beta anymore) track. It may take a few months. Last year, it was a matter of NOT updating the non-FSDb track and wait for the FSDb track to catch up so the version is newer than what you have, then subscribe to FSD so your car will download the latest FSDb version.

I do not know how it works now with the "supervised" version. Does anyone know if the 12 will ever come to the 2024.8.x (or later) track?

I remember reading articles where EM announced that "every" Tesla will get a month of FSD, this has certainly not been the case.

• Informative
Reactions: richapps
Anyone know what happens if someone on 2024.8.9 simply purchases the FSD Supervised subscription? I.e. before having the trial? Does that mean I'll get FSD v12.3.4 right away, or will my subscription give me FSD v11.x?

Anyone know what happens if someone on 2024.8.9 simply purchases the FSD Supervised subscription? I.e. before having the trial? Does that mean I'll get FSD v12.3.4 right away, or will my subscription give me FSD v11.x?

Based on history, you will stay on 11.x. 12.x is currently on the 2024.3 track and your car will not downgrade from 2024.8. There is no such option to "purchase the FSD Supervised..." You just buy FSD.

Reactions: gaur
Based on history, you will stay on 11.x. 12.x is currently on the 2024.3 track and your car will not downgrade from 2024.8. There is no such option to "purchase the FSD Supervised..." You just buy FSD.
So technically I’ll be buying FSD “supervised” but still end up getting FSD “beta”..?

Dear Elon,

What is this s#*t show? 😂

Cheers.