TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Where are all the hats?

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by wbrumfiel, May 17, 2016.

1. wbrumfiel

wbrumfiel Member

I have a Tesla hat that I bought a few years ago and its really showing its age but pretty much every style hat at the store is sold out and in my local showroom only the S/M size was available last I checked. It has been well over a month since any hat has been in stock online. I realize they are probably focusing on making cars but I assume they don't really make the clothing anyway, just turn around and sell it at higher prices to make a profit. What is going on???

2. kort677

kort677 Active Member

they're in the auto business, the swag is just a sideline. they really don't put too much focus on their accessories.

• Dislike x 2
  3. CoastalCruiser

Funny, I just had an impulse to buy a Tesla baseball cap while waiting for my M3. Not 10 minutes later this thread update appeared in my inbox. Tell me, how much are the hats from the store when they are available. I just searched the web and found some pretty ridiculous prices. Good quality baseball caps running well over $30, even on ebay.

4. wbrumfiel

wbrumfiel Member

They are normally $24.99 I believe. There are some cheap knockoffs on eBay but they appear to be the straight bill kind and I'm not young or cool enough to wear that :)

5. CoastalCruiser

Yeah. No way. I am very particular about my baseball caps. There's a sweet one on Amazon but it's $44.

http://www.amazon.com/Tesla-Motors-Insane-Adjustable-Baseball/dp/B01E0JCIDI?ie=UTF8&keywords=tesla%20baseball%20caps&qid=1463497008&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Weird. The listing says "by Tesla". The seller is a different party. I think I know why you're not finding fresh inventory at your store.... they're being marked way up and sold here. Some idiot may be buying them out at the store and reselling on Amazon.

6. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

7. wbrumfiel

wbrumfiel Member

Yes that is the link I'm asking about. All of them are out of stock besides the visor and the model X hat. Neither of which are the ones I want. Actually they used to have a blue hat with a white T logo, that would be the one I want but its not on the website at all anymore

8. CoastalCruiser

Thus the high prices on Amazon:

$ 24.00

This product is currently unavailable for purchase online
    Continue browsing

• Funny x 1
  9. N5329K

N5329K Member

Plenty of caps at the Monterey Tesla store. As in, a lot. Call them up.
    Robin

• Like x 1
  10. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

11. CoastalCruiser

Really helpful. As it happens I will be down in Monterey tomorrow. Lot's of serendipity today.

Johan. Impulse move. I rarely downvote, especially more senior members (in any forum). The answer seemed a bit dismissive. I could say something flippant back like then why do they bother at all... but I won't because it's so trivial. :> Have a good one all.

• Like x 1
  12. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

13. SSD420

SSD420 Member

I want a tesla hat! But they're no where to be found.

14. SSD420

SSD420 Member

15. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Agreed ... just posting an example :cool:

16. SSD420

SSD420 Member

Tesla could fund their new projects just by manufacturing a few more hats! Heck, they could raise the price and make even more $$. We'd all pay it. You know it. I know it :D

17. GoNadsGo

GoNadsGo New Member

Hi; just purchased a Model S a few weeks ago. It appears that there are plenty of fitted hats online (none in any of the local dealerships however).

Looking to buy a black fitted hat online but need some advice re: hat size. Only two sizes available: S/M and L/XL. My fitted hat size is usually M/L but that's not an option. Measured my head and it's 21 inches. Any thoughts on which size hat I should get from previous buyers would be greatly appreciated!

18. sport1000

sport1000 New Member

I have 2 of these (brand new and unworn). I'm not particularly fond of the style. Be happy to get rid of these. Maybe trade for an Amazon gift card or the like. Let me know. I'm in the SF Bay Area.