Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where does the delivery ship dock in Melbourne?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know where the Tesla delivery ship (Morning Clara, more specifically) docks?

Is it location 1, 2 or other? Would be cool to swing past and take a happy snap.

Port Melbourne.png

nteresting - is there no car unloading facility in Melbourne?
I imagine there would be, just Tesla historically has never used it
Curious why they’d truck them all down from NSW, when they ship is going to Melbourne anyway?
Logistical nightmare I imagine.

Need to load the ship in a specific order, then also pay all the fees etc associated with docking in Melbourne, unload fees etc etc
Nobody knows why besides Tesla but it must be one or all of the following. Cheaper, easier, quicker to just do it all at Port Kembla

Historically, Tesla has used AutoNexus as the logistics partner that does all of the ADR and compliance stuff.
Afaik they only have that facility at Port Kembla.

Now have been some suggestions in FB that this quarter might be different. Only time will tell

• Informative
Reactions: Blaq and Bennny
How did you know that mate? Veda or other?
I purchased 4 tesla model s and worked out how to track them way before veda was on this forum. Back then you could actually talk to your tesla agent, and they would play a game of guess the ship with you. It was a fun experience. Wasn’t difficult as the app used to tell you the ship arrival date, so look at all major ports and see what was coming from the US west coast that day. You knew the guess was right as the app would send an alert that the car was delivered the moment the ship docked. They were all containerised back then.
Actually I had it the wrong way round, it was port botany for all arrivals for the first couple of years, and then melbourne was added. I remember flying to sydney for a sneak look at my new tesla before they sent it to adelaide. My 3rd tesla the agent told me would be faster as it would be transported from melbourne. That made ship tracking very easy.