Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where/how to repair armrest?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a 2013 Model S with a lot of miles on it and the driver's side armrest has worn a patch where my elbow/forearm sits. As you can see from the pic it's the discontinued grey interior, and it's *not* the Premium interior option (though the seats are leather). What are my options to fix this? I ask because the damage is growing over time and it's not really that comfortable :)

1) Tesla Service... $$$ ?
2) go to a scrap yard and hope they have a grey interior Model S
3) some sort of grey tape over the top?

I prefer option 3 but haven't found anything that matches yet. Any advice would be appreciated.
20210102_135614.jpg

A trim shop (the kind that replaces headliners and such) may be able to help. I had the leather seat in my Highlander replaced by a trim shop and the owner told me about some people in the industry who are magicians at repairing upholstery. As a result, most car dealership repair centers have a "guy" that they call whenever they damage a customer's upholstery by, say, sitting in the car with a screwdriver in their back pocket. Calling around to some dealership service centers and asking for references may get you to someone who can fix that.

Or, as you observed, you may be able to find a replacement armrest from a wrecked S that has the same interior.