Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is apple music app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI all,
just picked up a 2021 model Y, has the latest software updates and just paid for a year of premium service, but no apple music app is showing?
apple app.jpg

Tesla ended up pushing firmware to my car and fixed all the issues. Curious why the firmware was not showing as available updates for me on my own...

Thats not rare at all, and in fact is why saying "I am on the latest update" doesnt tell anyone anything with any meaning whatsoever.

There will never be a time that all Tesla vehicles are on the same update version

There WILL be times when you will read about some update version or other, patiently (or impatiently) wait for it, and that particular version never gets pushed to your car.

There is no way to make the car give you a later version than its staged for. Even if there is a later version available, if it has not been assigned to your car, there isnt any way to get that new version assigned.

There IS a way to push down the version you have, or if you had a software corruption, to re install the version that Tesla thinks should be on your car (as long as its not going backwards to an older version than whats on there).

Glad you got it sorted, but for the future, you will want to say the software version ( I am on software version XXX.YYY.ZZZ ) and refrain from using the words "latest update" if discussing anything related to Tesla updates, features, issues, etc. It will make it easier for those inclined to help you, to help you.