Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is my VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But to answer your question, It is very normal for it to be taking this long. I believe there were sold out for end of quarter last year by September.
Do you have all your tasks complete for preparing for delivery?
Did you complete payment method? Cash/ Cash even if you are doing a loan. (Change to loan after you get your VIN)
Does it show completed check marks for all task?

Also do no trade in until vin pops up

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Odered my Model Y Long Range at beginning of September (19 weeks ago) still no VIN. Is this normal?
I ordered the first week of September and have whiplash from all the moves of my Estimated Delivery Dates, so yes, this is normal. August/September was a boom period for orders. All I say is, depending on your configuration, you’re getting close. Look for your EDD to narrow first.

Your VIN will be issued when your car is manufactured. Travel time will add 10 days to two weeks for delivery after VIN is issued. On the West Coast VIN to delivery is only a few days.

Upvote 0
I ordered the first week of September and have whiplash from all the moves of my Estimated Delivery Dates, so yes, this is normal. August/September was a boom period for orders. All I say is, depending on your configuration, you’re getting close. Look for your EDD to narrow first.

Your VIN will be issued when your car is manufactured. Travel time will add 10 days to two weeks for delivery after VIN is issued. On the West Coast VIN to delivery is only a few days.
It has narrowed to a 2 week period on several occasions and has now gone back to almost a month. Model Y Long Range, Metallic silver, black interior, 5 seater, gemini 19" standard wheels and no hitch or FSD. When originally ordered it stated January but then I did get 2 2 weeks in window in December and then it has bounced back to Jan 26 to Feb 23.

Upvote 0
But to answer your question, It is very normal for it to be taking this long. I believe there were sold out for end of quarter last year by September.
Do you have all your tasks complete for preparing for delivery?
Did you complete payment method? Cash/ Cash even if you are doing a loan. (Change to loan after you get your VIN)
Does it show completed check marks for all task?

Also do no trade in until vin pops up
All that I can complete is completed. Most options beyond the initial are greyed out. Paying cash on delivery and no trade in.

Upvote 0