Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN before shipped?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I’m Canadian and as you all know, Canadian Teslas are MIC. I just recently ordered my Model Y 3 weeks ago and I was wonder, will I get my VIN after it was built in China before being shipped to Canada or will my VIN be assigned after it gets shipped and docked in Canada?

Hey @andrew_nguyen_ ,

I've been wondering the same thing. Though based on my delivery window of July 22-August 5, and that the Viking Sea is anchored near Victoria with our presumptive MY. I'm leaning towards they'll figure out VIN once they inspect the shipment. DAMN strike is going to slow this down some more too!

I've been waiting over a month when my first order was cancelled by Tesla in favour of MIC, instead of Fremont builds.

I'm in Ontario so it takes longer.

Anyone received their MIC MYRW or MYP yet? If so how long did it take to receive your VIN? When do you think during the ordering process was your VIN assigned?

Eagerly waiting, on the verge of impatiently.

Upvote 0
I placed my order on 23rd October. I found this sheet on a different post here. It's dead but I think if we keep updating it we'll get a better idea of how things are going.

Upvote 0
I placed my order on 23rd October. I found this sheet on a different post here. It's dead but I think if we keep updating it we'll get a better idea of how things are going.

There used to be a Model Y sheet pinned to the top here. Not sure what happened to it. It referenced VIN receipt date on it, among many other data points. Not sure why it's not pinned any longer, but here it is.... Wiki - Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

Upvote 0