Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the Owners Manual on Tesla.com?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new owners manual used to be on my profile page on Tesla.com, but now I can't find it. Where is it? I like to keep a current copy on my computer for reference.
Still there under the "Glovebox" click:

1641280062556.png

So we have no way to download and save it then?
You can still save it page by page but it'll be a pain in the butt. I personally prefer PDF manuals because I can keep a copy on the phone easily and it doesn't require an internet connection. There is still a possibility they might continue to update the PDF version in parallel (just perhaps slower), but they may get lazy and abandon it.

The advantage of HTML is in an discussion it's easier to link to a particular section of the manual instead of pointing to a PDF and having the person look for a particular page.

Relevant discussion thread:

TL ; DR - @SMAlset contacted tesla looking for the PDF of the latest version and was told "we are moving away from that". The online version (which is the one they will likely keep up to date going forward) was linked by @stopcrazypp.

PS. I like the PDF versions too, as I keep a copy on both my google cloud storage, and my home NAS storage. I am a bit disappointed they wont be upkeeping the pdf any longer but understand the reason why.

Am I missing something? When I log into my account on the (painfully slow and clunky) Tesla web site, and navigate to the “Owner’s Manual - Download” link, I don’t get any link that allows me to download the manual as a PDF. All it is is a web page link with the contents of the manual on each page. When I try to “save as” or “export as” PDF, all I get is the first page.

This is not rocket science. I can go to the Chevy page, the Ford page, the Nissan page, the Toyota page, etc, etc and immediately be able to download the manual for any vehicle they make.

WTF Tesla?

Am I missing something? When I log into my account on the (painfully slow and clunky) Tesla web site, and navigate to the “Owner’s Manual - Download” link, I don’t get any link that allows me to download the manual as a PDF. All it is is a web page link with the contents of the manual on each page. When I try to “save as” or “export as” PDF, all I get is the first page.

This is not rocket science. I can go to the Chevy page, the Ford page, the Nissan page, the Toyota page, etc, etc and immediately be able to download the manual for any vehicle they make.

WTF Tesla?
See the previous reply. Tesla is no longer maintaining PDF versions of the manuals, so you’ll have to use the online version.

WTF Tesla?
As I mentioned back then, given Teslas are "dynamic" (features can change significantly between updates) HTML makes it easier for Tesla to update the manual on the fly, without the owner possibly still referencing an older manual that may be wrong. It seems even for the PDF link it now redirects to the HTML manual. I guess they have officially given up on PDF manuals.

As I mentioned back then, given Teslas are "dynamic" (features can change significantly between updates) HTML makes it easier for Tesla to update the manual on the fly, without the owner possibly still referencing an older manual that may be wrong. It seems even for the PDF link it now redirects to the HTML manual. I guess they have officially given up on PDF manuals.
FYI for anyone still interested in PDF manuals, it seems Tesla have introduced them again. There is now a link to a PDF manual at the bottom (Download PDF):
Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

It links to here and as of today links to a 2022.12 version.
https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/model3/en_us/Owners_Manual.pdf

For those of us that prefer PDF manuals, this is good news.