Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where or How to trade in your Modle S for non Tesla vehical?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SO after a hour of looking around, tons of post about tradeing in Ice for a Tesla, but nothing the other way around.

I love my 2014 P85+ MS but my bad back is getting worse than exspected and getting in and out of the MS vs my old truck is makeing my back worse. That and the bad 1st gen seats is the only reason Im thinking of getting rid of it. If the Tesla truck was around I would traide in for that.

But Im phyicaly hurting every time I get in and out, I even use air to raise car as high as possable.

So How do we trade in our Teslas for a non tesla?

I was thinking of taking it to carmax.

Any other ideals?

Can I take it to Dodge and traid it in like any other car?

I did buy it used and it still has 2 years of the CPO warrenty, dose that transver to a new buyer?

If you back is anywhere near as bad as your spelling errors you gotta be feeling it. But to your question, yes you can take it to carmax and I'm sure other dealers will allow you to trade in the vehicle as well just don't expect to get as much as if you were to sell it private party. Sometimes the warranty transfers but it's difficult to know with what Tesla allows to be transferred to the new owners

Reactions: Catbiscuits
SO after a hour of looking around, tons of post about tradeing in Ice for a Tesla, but nothing the other way around.

I love my 2014 P85+ MS but my bad back is getting worse than exspected and getting in and out of the MS vs my old truck is makeing my back worse. That and the bad 1st gen seats is the only reason Im thinking of getting rid of it. If the Tesla truck was around I would traide in for that.

But Im phyicaly hurting every time I get in and out, I even use air to raise car as high as possable.

So How do we trade in our Teslas for a non tesla?

I was thinking of taking it to carmax.

Any other ideals?

Can I take it to Dodge and traid it in like any other car?

I did buy it used and it still has 2 years of the CPO warrenty, dose that transver to a new buyer?

If you can deal with the extra hassle, you'd probably get a better deal and so would the buyer if you sold privately. Most issues with features not transferring seem to relate to selling through trade (or through Tesla - but not your problem).

You might get lucky and find a trader who wants your car if it's a nice one, and having the warranty should help. I looked at buying a CPO and it was pretty clear that the balance of wty does transfer, but Tesla might try and get out of that if it goes to a dealer. Check your wty documents to make sure.