Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to buy Tesla 100 a CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We recently had a second solar system installed after putting in Powerwalls - the solar installer told us they could plug the new solar into the Gateway, but they didn't do so. At this point, I don't think they are going to complete the work.

I was wondering if there was a way to buy another Tesla 100 A CT so we can properly track the solar production of the second solar system. Right now the Gateway just sees it as house load (which is obviously negative most of the day now).

We recently had a second solar system installed after putting in Powerwalls - the solar installer told us they could plug the new solar into the Gateway, but they didn't do so. At this point, I don't think they are going to complete the work.

I was wondering if there was a way to buy another Tesla 100 A CT so we can properly track the solar production of the second solar system. Right now the Gateway just sees it as house load (which is obviously negative most of the day now).
Is the Gateway on your system Version 1 (grey box) or Version 2 (glass cover)? They use different CTs.

Could you run the new solar wires through the existing CTs for the original solar?

I think it's version 2 - it has a white exterior.

Yeah, I might be able to run the new solar wires through the existing CTs - looks like everything comes into a single combiner box. I'm assuming I'd need to run them through the CT prior to hitting the breaker in the combiner?

I think it's version 2 - it has a white exterior.

Yeah, I might be able to run the new solar wires through the existing CTs - looks like everything comes into a single combiner box. I'm assuming I'd need to run them through the CT prior to hitting the breaker in the combiner?
Yes, before the breaker. And match the new L1/L2 with the existing wires through the same CT.