Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to get trim clip for frunk plastic perimeter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I removed my front trunk (frunk) yesterday. When re-installing I somehow broke two of the clips that hold the outer perimeter of the plastic to the metal body. They are not the standard push type trim clips.

I don't suppose Rock Auto sells Tesla trim parts does it?
Where do I get two of these clips?

thanks.

I removed my front trunk (frunk) yesterday. When re-installing I somehow broke two of the clips that hold the outer perimeter of the plastic to the metal body. They are not the standard push type trim clips.

I don't suppose Rock Auto sells Tesla trim parts does it?
Where do I get two of these clips?

thanks.
This question is a blast from the past. Did you have any luck finding these?

Sure enough, mine were both broken, so removed them and slipped a small square of flat container plastic in place to keep them in shape and taped round them with electrical tape. Solid enough to bear weight when replacing the battery cover but flimsy enough to give way when pedestrians bounce on the bonnet (or frunk) which I presume is why they are frangible. In NZ or Aotearoa we have to make do!

Reactions: Krock65
Sure enough, mine were both broken, so removed them and slipped a small square of flat container plastic in place to keep them in shape and taped round them with electrical tape. Solid enough to bear weight when replacing the battery cover but flimsy enough to give way when pedestrians bounce on the bonnet (or frunk) which I presume is why they are frangible. In NZ or Aotearoa we have to make do!
Having now for the first time removed my frunk liner I realise what clips were referenced for my earlier post. The perimeter clips are so fragile I filled the gap behind the mobile sections with silicon adhesive filler because the liner has shrunk after moulding and the clips are more 'locaters' than 'holders'. The seven bolts will hold and locate; the perimeter should be happy with a light rubber edging if I can find one. The lid covering the interior release switch/light is far more substantial; its a beautiful piece of work. The two blocks at the back end I've reinforced a bit more with the same silicone stuff. Well, it keeps me off the streets...

Reactions: Krock65
Having now for the first time removed my frunk liner I realise what clips were referenced for my earlier post. The perimeter clips are so fragile I filled the gap behind the mobile sections with silicon adhesive filler because the liner has shrunk after moulding and the clips are more 'locaters' than 'holders'. The seven bolts will hold and locate; the perimeter should be happy with a light rubber edging if I can find one. The lid covering the interior release switch/light is far more substantial; its a beautiful piece of work. The two blocks at the back end I've reinforced a bit more with the same silicone stuff. Well, it keeps me off the streets...
Further to the two notes above, when I refitted the six main bolts (that on the wiper reservoir filler neck hardly counts) I simply nipped them and subsequent driving was full of creaks and groans. Decided that the frunk liner is actually a structural item and retightened those six bolts to specified torque and the car immediately became quieter. Sometimes we can be too clever for our own good; trust Tesla...