Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which insurance companies offer full glass coverage? (CA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on Mercury Insurance, and apparently they don't have an option to add full glass coverage or lowering deductible just for glass. Glass just follows the usual collision deductible, which for me is at $1000.

I've seen people here say they added $0 or $50 deductible glass coverage on top of their normal policy. Wondering what those insurance providers are. Looking to get quotes and switch to one of those. Question is for California.

I'm on Mercury Insurance, and apparently they don't have an option to add full glass coverage or lowering deductible just for glass. Glass just follows the usual collision deductible, which for me is at $1000.

I've seen people here say they added $0 or $50 deductible glass coverage on top of their normal policy. Wondering what those insurance providers are. Looking to get quotes and switch to one of those. Question is for California.
I believe it is state by state. I know AZ has a separate policy for glass with a 0 or super cheap deductible .

I have Geico, and glass is covered under comprehensive for most situations (other than if I manage to run into a fixed object or another vehicle that only breaks my glass somehow, in which case it'd be under collision I guess?). My deductible for comprehensive is $50.

Oh yeah I guess I should be more careful with the terms I was using. Both my comprehensive and collision deductibles are $1000. That's why I'm looking for a separate add-on just for glass to have lower or no deductible.

Your deductible for anything is already low at $50, so you probably aren't looking for more coverage just for glass right?

Oh yeah I guess I should be more careful with the terms I was using. Both my comprehensive and collision deductibles are $1000. That's why I'm looking for a separate add-on just for glass to have lower or no deductible.

Your deductible for anything is already low at $50, so you probably aren't looking for more coverage just for glass right?
I lowered it from 500 to 50 overall due to it having a negligible effect on my rate. I did it for the glass because the bay area is a hellscape of burglaries but the extra peace of mind if someone decides to key the car or hits it whilst parked is nice.

Reactions: TintWorldSantaClara
I believe that at least two states tend to have lousy glass replacements, Colorado and Alaska. At least from a rental car perspective, glass breakage from rocks is close to probable than just possible. It's expensive to add glass coverage. Both states have lots of roads that are packed gravel based.

CSAA in California, $100 deductable, added about $34 a year for my Model 3.

Are you saying that you have a specific 100 GLASS deductible? Asking because I am interested in answers to the OPs question for myself as well. I currently have AAA and they dont have a glass rider here in CA (so it follows either your comprehensive or collision depending on what broke the glass).

Just trying to understand that your answer means that CSAA offered you a 100 deductible rider for glass, not a $100 deductible for comprehensive coverage that includes glass (not the same thing).