Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla insurance charges full deductible for glass only claims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a crack on my non-tesla vehicle, the glass installation would cost maybe 500, and my deductible was 1000, according to the adjuster, Tesla insurance will charge me full deductible for such claims which makes the claim useless. Previously I was with Geico and they charge me $50 only for a $1000 plus windshield claim...

I had a crack on my non-tesla vehicle, the glass installation would cost maybe 500, and my deductible was 1000, according to the adjuster, Tesla insurance will charge me full deductible for such claims which makes the claim useless. Previously I was with Geico and they charge me $50 only for a $1000 plus windshield claim...

Some insurance has separate glass coverage and some dont. If this is important to you, you need to shop around.

Yup, I have a claim with Tesla insurance for glass windshield replacement. It’s part of comprehensive, which will charge your comprehensive deductible. Better hope your glass needs a replacement and not a repair so that you don’t have to pay it twice eventually.

As was noted, some insurance has glass only as a separate coverage option, and some don’t. Tesla is one of those that do not.

Yup, I have a claim with Tesla insurance for glass windshield replacement. It’s part of comprehensive, which will charge your comprehensive deductible. Better hope your glass needs a replacement and not a repair so that you don’t have to pay it twice eventually.

As was noted, some insurance has glass only as a separate coverage option, and some don’t. Tesla is one of those that do not.
It depends on the state, I have $0 glass coverage with Tesla insurance

You know all those numbers that you ignored when looking at insurance?

Now you know why you shouldn't ignore them. Little things can make big differences. One big one right now is the delays that ALL cars are having in getting repaired after accidents. It's not uncommon to wait for 3 months right now. And 1 month is what a lot of policies car rentals are limited to.