Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which kick sensor to get: Hansshow vs Tesla Offer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any unexpected opening or closing of the trunk with the Hansshow kick sensor?

None as described on the TO website. Backing up, no issues. And no issues while washing the car.

Once, I was trying to get something heavy out of the back and moved my foot under the bumper a bit to get some leverage. Next thing I know I hear the "beep" and the hatch bopped me on the head, haha!! No big deal. Now I know!!

Once, I was trying to get something heavy out of the back and moved my foot under the bumper a bit to get some leverage. Next thing I know I hear the "beep" and the hatch bopped me on the head, haha!! No big deal. Now I know!!

I have the Hansshow Kick Sensor. I am really happy with it. I have experienced accidentally closing the hatch whilst loading or unloading. I think that I have solved this "issue" by moving the sensor from the middle of the car to the far passenger side, right in line with the circle cut-out in the bumper. The circle lets me know exactly where the sensor is and there is no more triggering it accidentally when loading the car from the middle. It is also more protected from the elements in that location and it is nowhere near the trailer hitch so that would never be an issue. I should have put it there in the first place.

I have never had the hatch open or close without a foot being involved.