Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YT Vid: another Android Rear Entertainment Screen for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received another Android Rear Entertainment Screen for Tesla Model 3/Y but this one hits a bit different. It has an 8.66" HD Display, which is HUGE! Airflow is much better as well.

This one comes from within the states from a brand that goes by the name TES Studio. They are an affiliate of Hansshow's. Basically the state side go to for Hansshow's stuff! They also provide installs at their studio in California!

So far, I'm loving this new screen's added features. What's your thoughts after watching my vid?

Hello! I'm interested in this screen.

I have a Dec 2023 Austin-built MYLR (built in October or November - I don't have the car right now so can't check the door sill for months of manufacture). The seller said my car might not have the blue port under the rear ac vent since it's a newer car. I tried removing the plastic cover last week (the cover below the rear ac vent) but it wouldn't budge.

I was wondering if your car had the port behind the plastic cover. If not, did you piggyback off of the port in the front?

Edit - Just finished watching your video. You mentioned exactly what I was wondering in your video! Now if only I could confirm that my car is missing the port ...

Last edited:
I wish there was a simple rear control that only did rear fan on/off and rear seat heat. I'm tired of doing those for my son in the back, and he just kept knocking the S3XY buttons loose. But he does NOT need any ability to control media (we'd get permanent hearing damage) or the front passenger seat.

I wish there was a simple rear control that only did rear fan on/off and rear seat heat. I'm tired of doing those for my son in the back, and he just kept knocking the S3XY buttons loose. But he does NOT need any ability to control media (we'd get permanent hearing damage) or the front passenger seat.

There is one!

I do believe this still controls the music too though.

Hello! I'm interested in this screen.

I have a Dec 2023 Austin-built MYLR (built in October or November - I don't have the car right now so can't check the door sill for months of manufacture). The seller said my car might not have the blue port under the rear ac vent since it's a newer car. I tried removing the plastic cover last week (the cover below the rear ac vent) but it wouldn't budge.

I was wondering if your car had the port behind the plastic cover. If not, did you piggyback off of the port in the front?

Edit - Just finished watching your video. You mentioned exactly what I was wondering in your video! Now if only I could confirm that my car is missing the port ...

The cover should pop off extremely easily.

Reactions: VipinLJ
The cover should pop off extremely easily.
In my car, there's no way any of my trim tools would fit in through the top part. There's no space at all between the top of the trim and the bottom of the trim continuing from the AC vent. I couldn't even slide a credit card there. I could push a trim tool through the bottom (between the carpeting and lower part of the trim) but I couldn't get it to un-clip. I was afraid I'd end up breaking something or even the trim. I guess I have to try harder tomorrow.

I watched so many videos and it looks so easy in those videos. The same thing doesn't seem to work on my car though....

In my car, there's no way any of my trim tools would fit in through the top part. There's no space at all between the top of the trim and the bottom of the trim continuing from the AC vent. I couldn't even slide a credit card there. I could push a trim tool through the bottom (between the carpeting and lower part of the trim) but I couldn't get it to un-clip. I was afraid I'd end up breaking something or even the trim. I guess I have to try harder tomorrow.

I watched so many videos and it looks so easy in those videos. The same thing doesn't seem to work on my car though....
Hmmm. Can you take a few pics? I wonder if they switched it up and its not the same piece any longer?

I can take a few pics and post here tomorrow.

Yesterday, I got two trim removal tools underneath (between the carpet and bottom part of the trim). I pulled and it simply wouldn't come off. I've removed trims in Audis and BMWs and those weren't even half as hard. I managed to mess the bottom up with the plastic trim removal tools bending and scratching the bottom. I tried getting a thin trim removal tool through the top but there's absolutely no space in between the top part of the trim and the lower part of the AC vent. Makes me think it can't be removed. Which I find weird since everyone else (and all the videos on YT and even the service manual on the Tesla website) says it should just pull out.

I can take a few pics and post here tomorrow.

Yesterday, I got two trim removal tools underneath (between the carpet and bottom part of the trim). I pulled and it simply wouldn't come off. I've removed trims in Audis and BMWs and those weren't even half as hard. I managed to mess the bottom up with the plastic trim removal tools bending and scratching the bottom. I tried getting a thin trim removal tool through the top but there's absolutely no space in between the top part of the trim and the lower part of the AC vent. Makes me think it can't be removed. Which I find weird since everyone else (and all the videos on YT and even the service manual on the Tesla website) says it should just pull out.

Sheesh! Its like its glued!

Sheesh! Its like its glued!
Unfortunately my wife took our Tesla and I couldn't take any pics. It looks exactly like it does in every other Tesla. Just that I simply cannot get a trim tool or even budge the trim cover from the top half. From the bottom part, I can push in trim tools and even twist it a bit (which was what I did and ended up getting dents and scratches on the trim). I tried pulling. I tried using two trim tools. I can feel a clip giving way but the trim stays stuck there and doesn't move one centimeter. Such a weird situation.

Unfortunately my wife took our Tesla and I couldn't take any pics. It looks exactly like it does in every other Tesla. Just that I simply cannot get a trim tool or even budge the trim cover from the top half. From the bottom part, I can push in trim tools and even twist it a bit (which was what I did and ended up getting dents and scratches on the trim). I tried pulling. I tried using two trim tools. I can feel a clip giving way but the trim stays stuck there and doesn't move one centimeter. Such a weird situation.

Next time your at the SC, ask them to check it out. Very odd in my opinion.