Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed the F9-C in my 2021 M3 SRP. Removing the connector to the computer and reconnecting the new plug is no joke. It took me forever. I also couldn't penetrate the firewall to run the video wires to the front because access to the rubber grommet very difficult to get to, due to the narrow access. I cut the rubber grommet the best I could with wire cutters and with an exacto blade, but I couldn't cut the inside of the grommet, so fishing didn't work because it always hit against something. I did some research last night and it seems if I removed a few fasteners on the cowl, I could lift it up a bit to get more room to the grommet. I will try again next weekend but it's not easier for a first time DYI-er.

The fix for me is to restart the device by press-and-hold left click on the left wheeel. It reboots and carplay connects. Restarting with the pinhole does not reconnect CarPlay. If i leave the car and come back within this 20 minutes or so timeout window, carplay reconnects just fine. At least now I know the workaround.

Reactions: flai54
Go to settings, scroll to highlight the “update” button under OTA upgrade, on the right scroll Wheel click right and hold, after a few seconds a pop up appears with build number of the various components.

This approach doesn't work for me on the Linux F9-C with my current software (8.9_AHD_240401update.zip). Any chance you could confirm which software update version it works with on your Linux F9-C? I am wondering if they have changed the method to see your current software/MCU version infos? Thank you!