Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which soft close doors kit to get?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking of installing a soft close doors kit on my model Y, and I see a few of them available from different resellers.
Does anyone have a comparison of most popular ones to see what the difference is between them, aside from price?

Thanks!

I was curious about this myself and followed your post. I found a video from EV Offer, which seems to have good stuff according to Frugal Tesla Guy. I think it sounds like the mark 3 version is best, having a two stage actuator.

I ended up getting Hansshow Model 3/Y Intelligent Soft Closing Door, which is a newer version of the ones they had before.

install was pretty straight forward, and so far it works well. I installed it about two weeks ago, and very happy with the fact I don't need to slam my doors anymore. Hoping there's no issues in the future :)

PS: The two stage one does look good, but has additional installation steps and parts that I didn't really want to mess with. Also the reason I didn't get the self presenting door handles.