Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why you should skip the powered frunk and grab a Satonic soft close frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd put the motor somewhere that you can reach from the fender with just liner off. When it gets stuck that's your only access point. (Learned this from our power frunk experience, fortunately ours was reachable that way...)
Since the module doesn’t really do the latching and the latch is still the Tesla latch, what did you have to do with the module when you had that issue?

Does anyone have a link for the Model S Satonic soft close? I could only find other models on Satonic website.
This? Title says 3/Y but there’s Model S options. If you order, use TIT20 for 31% off

Ah, gotcha. That’s not a bad mounting suggestion as a fail safe.

Yeah, my experience was with the Hansshow power frunk soft close motor getting stuck and its emergency release cable not releasing it. Hopefully the motor in this kit is more reliable, but if it does fail then the fender access is your only option to do something about it, assuming you've installed it somewhere that you can get to from there. :)

Reactions: zoomer0056
I'm just here to say we have put several hundred thousand miles on four Tesla 3's and Y's over the years and never damaged a frunk when closing it.

Also, I loved the $25 Evannex Model 3 auto-open frunk struts. Wish something simple, cheap, and mechanical like that was available for Model Y, but the frunk mechanism is different and doesn't utilize struts.

Reactions: zoomer0056