Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whistling noise from mirror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this topic busy with the wind noise from my Model3.. already placed neophrene tubing between A pillar. Now also placed the tubing in the mirror, setting auto fold mirrors off. Will post results soon.

Attachments

• 20200611_212424.jpg
    20200611_212424.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 20200530_135349.jpg
    20200530_135349.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 203
Found this topic busy with the wind noise from my Model3.. already placed neophrene tubing between A pillar. Now also placed the tubing in the mirror, setting auto fold mirrors off. Will post results soon.

Hi can you share a link where to buy the neophrene tube you used? Preferably in the Netherlands. Thanks in advance.

And also what you ordered from Ali against the road noise

Last edited:
Hello All, I just bought a used 2019 Model X and I’m experiencing the whistle from the driver’s side mirror. I discovered the issue the same way the original poster noted, that is, I put my finger over the space between the arm and the mirror while driving at about 40 Miles per hour.

Did anyone come up with a great solution? I already have a backlog of issues that I’m working with Tesla on resolving, so I don’t want to add this one (best I can tell if I book for all five issues my earliest date available is several weeks out so I have to pick my battles).

I’m thinking about putting a small line of caulking on the bottom of the mirror. That will leave the mirrors able to fold and should be discrete. However, I tend to ideas that do more damage than good so I figured I’d check with the forum.