Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White film on the inside of the windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I noticed that inside of my windshield is coated with some substance. There are also 3 square areas without this substance, which are visible (probably suction cups used during manufacturing). Recently, it became more visible as a layer of dust has stuck to it, so it appears that as a layer of white film. Quite annoying, and reduces visibility when the sun is shining. Are there any proven cleaning methods? Would regular Windex work?

Certain 'cleaning' liquids used by detailers on the dash can percolate fumes in the hot sun that precipitate on the windshield glass. 'Windex' works fine to remove this but reaching to clean the glass is difficult. A 30 inch (extended) squeegee from HarborFreight solved that problem.
--

It is (and I'm not kidding) "New Car Smell" - no, not a spray, but all the new material out gas for a long while (some forever) - and it condenses on the windshield (and other places). Totally normal, clean your windshield

Most have the ‘squares’ plus suction cup marks visible when the inner glass is steamed. Mine Lao has an entire handprint, Difficult to completely remove. I used a solvent followed by a wrung out soapy cloth followed by 70% isopropyl alcohol followed by invisible Glass.