Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White, gray, or red?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's great news!

Maybe if you have the time you can post pics of your car on this thread:
White Color Mismatch Unacceptable

To help assure those of us who are on the fence about our white orders. The more well painted white MYs we see the better!

enjoy!
May very well be why the Original Owner of our MY had a wrap. I love it though. I've always been about the sparkly but this is not bad.

You had a full wrap removed, or the original owner removed it?

I don't want to pay for a full wrap to cover up a poor paint job by Tesla. I do plan on getting the front end wrapped in PPF to prevent rock chips though.
What is a realistic price for doing the front like that? I know it’ll depend on market, but is it like a 500 job or like a 2500 job or ??? I too might like to prevent rock chips on my white car. Thanks in advance.

White shows the various lines and creases the best (on a car that is a bit of an ovoid blob). Having said that...red or blue would be our choice. We have red on our Model S and even though it is not my preferred shade of red, we like it a lot. I will say the red can look pink a bit if it gets a coat of light dirt on it (indeed, we almost passed on it for this very reason years ago). Kept reasonably clean, it looks good. The biggest downside to the blue is that in low light it can look pretty dark (less “blue”) and, being darker, I suspect it will show dirt more.

What is a realistic price for doing the front like that? I know it’ll depend on market, but is it like a 500 job or like a 2500 job or ??? I too might like to prevent rock chips on my white car. Thanks in advance.

I have one installer who quoted me 1700 for full front (bumper, headlights, full front fenders and full hood, and mirrors).

he also includes door edges and rear bumper top (to protect against luggage scrapes)

Reactions: rking0122
I ordered MY a week ago LR in Red with induction wheels because I really liked this combination during my testdrive. Today had some free time and went to the dealership to check other color options. After walking the parking lot for about an hour (totally excessive amount of time btw) called my Tesla sales rep and swiched to white.

Red is amazing, but it is for the certain mood, while MY in white always has this bold but calm presence, especially on the gloomy day.

Yes there are plenty of white cars on the road, but MY is not just another white car ;)

Reactions: ArtK and rking0122
Im not surprised, im finding a lot of flaws on my white Y. Tesla service didnt even bother addressing my back bumper, they basically told me thats just the way it is because of it being plastic. 70k car and i have to drive around with a yellow bumper.....neat.

can you post a picture? I read about the mismatch bumper and other parts but it’s hard to visualize. I ordered white but kind of reconsidering.

can you post a picture? I read about the mismatch bumper and other parts but it’s hard to visualize. I ordered white but kind of reconsidering.
IMG_6394.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: ejkcy25
Switched recently from MSM to blue and was told it shouldn’t affect delivery date since WA likely won’t get a delivery for another couple weeks. Wanted blue originally but wife liked black and MSM (I nixed white right away). Not big on black so we agreed MSM. Then she saw a blue live and not just in photos and was very amendable to changing.