Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Model 3 Owners - Stonechips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

For those of you with a white model 3 that you have had for several months or longer and dont have ppf.

How is the front of the car holding up to stone-chipping? Are you seeing allot of stone chips? as i know the paint is meant to be a very thin layer and underneath the primer or body shows as black if i’m not mistaken.

Just curious as not sure whether to get PPF for the front of the car.

many thanks

Hi All

For those of you with a white model 3 that you have had for several months or longer and dont have ppf.

How is the front of the car holding up to stone-chipping? Are you seeing allot of stone chips? as i know the paint is meant to be a very thin layer and underneath the primer or body shows as black if i’m not mistaken.

Just curious as not sure whether to get PPF for the front of the car.

many thanks

Yup, under the white is black. I know because I had a slight gentle whoopsie with a stone wall in the back. I got the front PPFed the first week I had it.

I'd say go for the front PPF at least.

My new ChipEx kit for the dings in the un-wrapped rear awaits dryer weather...

White owner here. No PPF (nor ceramic, but that's pointless in terms of protection against chips). 13k miles and 11 months. A few chips, but nothing to get excited about. No worse than my previous BMW (but that was blue so hid it better).