Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White or Grey Decor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I switched to the grey decor on my cyberbeast order because I was afraid the white would always look dirty (I'm in dusty s. Arizona) and I didn't particularly want black seats. But I rechecked and the grey also comes with black seats, I was thinking they were also going to be grey. Plus changing delayed my delivery to 4th quarter, it was June-Sept I think. So maybe I should switch back. Does anybody have the white decor in a dusty place? Does it always look dirty? How easy to keep clean? Thanks.

I switched to the grey decor on my cyberbeast order because I was afraid the white would always look dirty (I'm in dusty s. Arizona) and I didn't particularly want black seats. But I rechecked and the grey also comes with black seats, I was thinking they were also going to be grey. Plus changing delayed my delivery to 4th quarter, it was June-Sept I think. So maybe I should switch back. Does anybody have the white decor in a dusty place? Does it always look dirty? How easy to keep clean? Thanks.
I haven't heard of anyone with a Cybertruck anywhere complaining that the white was an issue. And yes, grey will delay the vehicle.

Do you leave your windows down?

I haven't heard of anyone with a Cybertruck anywhere complaining that the white was an issue. And yes, grey will delay the vehicle.

Do you leave your windows down?
Ok thanks. I switched back to white. My estimated delivery stayed the same, Oct-Dec. I was hoping it would go back to what it was before I changed it, June-Sept. Oh well, just more time for them to work out bugs!
No, I don't leave my windows down. I have a Model X and dust finds it's way in.

Ok thanks. I switched back to white. My estimated delivery stayed the same, Oct-Dec. I was hoping it would go back to what it was before I changed it, June-Sept. Oh well, just more time for them to work out bugs!
No, I don't leave my windows down. I have a Model X and dust finds it's way in.
Give it a few days, good things may happen. It has for a number of people.
Of course right now we're in a delivery hold, so nothing is delivering.

Reactions: Marcia L
You were right. I got my VIN this morning! Picking it up on Sunday. So apparently, they are still delivering.

Just repeating what others have been saying.

If I may give you some delivery hints.

The vehicle will be clean, but not as clean as you want it. Don't expect it in showroom condition like all the other cars that you may have purchased.
The Delivery Advisors will be busy, especially on the weekend. There may be a dozen other trucks getting delivered at the same time. Along with all the other Teslas. The Service Advisors will probably be tired if it is a late afternoon.

You'll probably meet the Service Advisor inside the facility where they will confirm and complete all the paper(less) work.
They will then probably take you to the vehicle and let you do a walk around. Take a look for the obvious stuff. If you see anything questionable, point ot out to the Service Advisor and take pictures. They will probably tell you to schedule a Service Request ASAP.
Ask them about things that you don't see on Sunday, they'll probably suggest taking pictures and creating Service Request ASAP.

They will then walk you through setting your phone up as a key and pairing the card keys.
If they have time, many love talking about the vehicles, but they may have lots of other customers waiting on them.

Get in the Cybertruck and setup the entertainment center to your liking. Don't change it on the way home. Focus on driving. Learn where the volume control is.

Look for the turn signals and how to change gears.
These are all covered in the videos in the app, watch them first!!!

If it may rain, check how to control the windshield wipers.

MOST IMPORTANTLY

Have someone there to take pictures of that grin!!!!

Congratulations!! Welcome to the club!!

Oh, for the next umpteen months, make sure that you add time to any trip you take. You are going to have to meet new people and talk to them. Watch the cameras come out as vehicles pass you. Watch out for people driving stupidly around you trying to take a look.
It's part of the ownership of the most unique vehicle on the road

Have Fun!!!

The vehicle will be clean, but not as clean as you want it. Don't expect it in showroom condition like all the other cars that you may have purchased.
The Delivery Advisors will be busy, especially on the weekend. There may be a dozen other trucks getting delivered at the same time. Along with all the other Teslas. The Service Advisors will probably be tired if it is a late afternoon.

You'll probably meet the Service Advisor inside the facility where they will confirm and complete all the paper(less) work.
They will then probably take you to the vehicle and let you do a walk around. Take a look for the obvious stuff. If you see anything questionable, point ot out to the Service Advisor and take pictures. They will probably tell you to schedule a Service Request ASAP.
Ask them about things that you don't see on Sunday, they'll probably suggest taking pictures and creating Service Request ASAP.

They will then walk you through setting your phone up as a key and pairing the card keys.
If they have time, many love talking about the vehicles, but they may have lots of other customers waiting on them.

Get in the Cybertruck and setup the entertainment center to your liking. Don't change it on the way home. Focus on driving. Learn where the volume control is.

MOST IMPORTANTLY

Oh, for the next umpteen months, make sure that you add time to any trip you take. You are going to have to meet new people and talk to them. Watch the cameras come out as vehicles pass you. Watch out for people driving stupidly around you trying to take a look.

Have Fun!!!
Honestly, all the ones in Charlotte were basically perfect, mirror finished...wheels and undercarriage cleaned, tire shine, interior was spotless, even the bed was crazy clean. They had like 10 for delivery with each owners name in the window.

Honestly, all the ones in Charlotte were basically perfect, mirror finished...wheels and undercarriage cleaned, tire shine, interior was spotless, even the bed was crazy clean. They had like 10 for delivery with each owners name in the window.
I never said that they weren't. But if you expect that everywhere, you'll end up getting disappointed. Because it just doesn't happen everywhere.

The problem with Teslas service isn't the service, it's the expectations of the service. Just because they don't answer the phone doesn't mean they don't give great service; it only means that they don't really support phone service.

I switched to the grey decor on my cyberbeast order because I was afraid the white would always look dirty (I'm in dusty s. Arizona) and I didn't particularly want black seats. But I rechecked and the grey also comes with black seats, I was thinking they were also going to be grey. Plus changing delayed my delivery to 4th quarter, it was June-Sept I think. So maybe I should switch back. Does anybody have the white decor in a dusty place? Does it always look dirty? How easy to keep clean? Thanks is an easy easy clean and not a problem. I was also thinking about holding off until and getting the gray but I don't want to wait until the 4th quarter and knowing Tesla that could mean sometime next year.
White is remarkably easy to clean. I have it on my model y performance and it has 42,000 miles on it I don't think I've even cleaned it once, and it looks just like new. Having said that I also was going to wait and switch to the gray but I certainly don't want to wait until the 4th quarter and knowing Tessa that could mean sometime next year. So I currently have my cyber truck in my hands and I'm thoroughly enjoying it to include the white interior, along with the black cherry wrap.

Attachments

• 140138.jpeg
    140138.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 140139.jpeg
    140139.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 1718414560137.jpg
    1718414560137.jpg
    565.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240609_145425.jpg
    20240609_145425.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 1

MOST IMPORTANTLY

Have Fun!!!
Thank you so much for the tips!