Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White powdery substance under car on garage floor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi tesla family,

Just wanted to ask if anyone has this same issues as me. 3rd time I’ve seen this white powdery substance on my garage floor. It’s always on the same spot under my car around the rear axel. I’ve looked at all forum posting but no concrete answer was found.
This is not from salt as I’ve seen this the last two times under dry conditions. Not sure if my car is dripping any acid or chemicals onto the floor.

Attachments

• 5672E00D-7790-4EC5-9826-D33DB9D36D80.jpeg
    5672E00D-7790-4EC5-9826-D33DB9D36D80.jpeg
    530.7 KB · Views: 755
  • 0FF5F9A5-2D74-4364-830D-96FC4D63D5A6.jpeg
    0FF5F9A5-2D74-4364-830D-96FC4D63D5A6.jpeg
    350.2 KB · Views: 299
Weird Model 3 white powder underneath car after it rains

white powder on the floor underneath of the model 3 parked
It looks exactly like efflorescence caused by dihydrogen monoxide condensing on the evaporator and leaking out the drain.

Not much info, but has come up a few times.
It looks exactly like efflorescence caused by dihydrogen monoxide condensing on the evaporator and leaking out the drain.
I will add - with the active cooling I see significantly more condensation under the car than any previous car I’ve owned. One previous car was also an Acura.

Hi tesla family,

Just wanted to ask if anyone has this same issues as me. 3rd time I’ve seen this white powdery substance on my garage floor. It’s always on the same spot under my car around the rear axel. I’ve looked at all forum posting but no concrete answer was found.
This is not from salt as I’ve seen this the last two times under dry conditions. Not sure if my car is dripping any acid or chemicals onto the floor.
all of these posts have been made during the winter. i know the locations are varied, but the chances of there being salt from roads, rains, etc., are increased. every car i've every owned have left dried up salt pools after driving in the winter.

Reactions: Msjulie