Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who can catch Tesla ? They seem to be experiencing exponential growth…..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im in cyber and agree, like the approach, but will be very interesting how its received by China
think it must be obvious, our USA tech locally in China is probably filtered/blocked for the same reason
interesting, EVs are IoT (Internet of Things) and IoT is a threat if not controlled and protected from
think the MGM cyber attack came from an IP thermostat on one of the aquariums, Target's was from the HVAC
the attack surface in 2024 is huge
think Sen Rubio is spearheading this, block china via mexico

Also, keep in mind that also Germany's annual new auto sales aren't huge vs. the US and China (much lower population is part of it). Germany is now the world's 3rd largest economy, as Japan slipped to 4th.

Plug-In Car Sales In Germany Down 22% In March 2024
All-electric car sales decreased even more, by 29% year-over-year.
The article provides some explanation, being the end the end of a tax incentive for battery-electric vehicles in Germany. The same thing has happened in other places where incentives have expired. Vehicles sales have some price-sensitivity, of course, and reducing or eliminating subsidies is going to affect sales volume in at least the short term. In the long term, BEV prices will, I hope, continue to decline making them competitive in price with ICE vehicles even without incentives. Indeed, I would argue that they are already somewhat competitive on price, depending on the vehicle, if you fully compare what you are getting. Have you looked at ICE vehicle prices recently? - not cheap, other than bare bones models/versions for which I have no interest.

Let the market dictate what stays what goes. If you have a good product line, people will be attracted to it.
I'm in the camp of Hunger Games. :)
good-luck-with-that-may-the-odds-be-ever-in-your-favor.gif