Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is paying for the anti-BEV barrage on facebook?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Facebook feed has become overwhelmed with anti-electric car "news" articles. Most of them are too stupid to even believe, the "better"ones take a germ of truth and spin it way out into never-never land. Someone someplace is being paid to write these articles, and someone is paying to place and promote them on FB (and I presume, on other social media sites I don't follow). It seems doubtful that it is the big car companies, as they have a lot to gain in the electric conversion. Is it just Russian bots sowing fear, confusion, and doubt? I've had no luck in trying to trace back any of these "news outlets" that are spewing this crap to their funding sources.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
My Facebook feed has become overwhelmed with anti-electric car "news" articles. Most of them are too stupid to even believe, the "better"ones take a germ of truth and spin it way out into never-never land. Someone someplace is being paid to write these articles, and someone is paying to place and promote them on FB (and I presume, on other social media sites I don't follow). It seems doubtful that it is the big car companies, as they have a lot to gain in the electric conversion. Is it just Russian bots sowing fear, confusion, and doubt? I've had no luck in trying to trace back any of these "news outlets" that are spewing this crap to their funding sources.
Probably the same silly SOB’s that ruined the BEV credit — Unless of course the long con is to add PRC to the battery and component protectorate.