Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who needs Tesla Service when there's Automotive Concepts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having done some minor cosmetic damage from experiments with my interior door panel and dashboard cover, over the past few days I had replacements installed in my Model S. I always wanted the alcantara cover but t's no longer available from Tesla and was shipped with a limited number of cars (my car didn't have one). However I managed to obtain one from a totaled Model S in the possession of Autobahn Dismantling in California.

Both were installed in a few hours by Doug Pasini at Auotmotive Concepts which is less than two miles from my house. Doug is the man I go to whenever I want something out of the ordinary done. He's exceptionally knowledgeable and skilled and even has a relationship with some folks at my Service Center.

When I looked at the service manual instructions the dash cover installation seemed to be quite complicated, as it required disconnection from the high voltage and 12v sides as well as a number of other steps. I was expecting the work to take almost the whole day, but Doug did it in two hours and even managed to fix some highly visible damage to the aluminum trim piece on the edge of the dash cover, making it disappear. Can't imagine the problems I would have encountered it I had asked the service center to do this kind of work -- most likely they would have refused or charged a princely sum. Doug has installed a lot of the other mods I've done to my S. When my Model 3 is delivered in the next few months I'll take it to Doug and AC for the mods I want to make.

For anyone in the Maryland area that has special needs I highly recommend Doug and Automotive Concepts.

Here are some photos of the alcantara dash cover on my car.

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg